one

❝ Everything happens for a reason

Everything happens for a reason.. ❞   that's what my brother always told me. I know.. but what's the purpose why I met him? Is it to break my heart?..

It all started when she transferred into another school where her brother studies. It was the season of spring. She came from a foreign country and was a little bit culture shock. But thanks to him, she adjusted just fine. 

"Okay, she's your new classmate. She's from overseas but was born in Busan." Her new teacher announced to the whole class. "Introduce yourself dear." 

"Yes, hello everyone, my name's Kuie Kang. Please take care of me." She introduced in front of her twenty four new classmates. 

"She speaks fluent English, so if you have trouble in your English subject, please don't hesitate to approach Ms. Kang." The teacher added and everyone agreed. She just smiled to the new faces she's been seeing right now as her teacher's eyes looked for a vacant seat. 

And there she found something on the back, beside the window. A boy who's sleeping, with his head above his desk, facing the glass window. "Mr. Bae Jinyoung! Wake up!" The teacher yelled making the boy flinched. 

The girl look at the boy innocently as the teacher scolded him for sleeping in class. The boy was feeling so drowsy that his eyes are squinting. He shamelessly yawned and didn't mind the teacher's early screaming, since it was 7:00 am in the morning. 

"Good gracious!" The teacher exclaimed. "Kuie my dear, sit beside that punk." 

The girl nodded politely and slowly walked towards the empty seat beside the boy named, Bae Jinyoung. She comfortably sit down while the boy is rubbing his eyes but when he noticed her beside him, he suddenly smiled. 

"Hi." He greeted. The girl just smiled at him and bowed slightly. "You're from overseas?" 

"Yes. I'm Kuie Kang and I guess you're Bae Jinyoung?" 

And that's how their first meeting goes. 

Days have passed, they became close friends. Jinyoung knew that she is his hyung's little sister and the rest of his friends know her except for him. She adjusted just fine in her original country and already made a lot of friends. And because she gotten close with Jinyoung, the both of them started to be partner in crime. 

"Let me teach you how to play basketball." Jinyoung told her as he dragged her to the open basketball court. 

He threw a few shots that luckily shoots in the basket. Kuie would cheer him up and the both of them have sweet smiles plastered on their faces. 

He suddenly passed the ball to her and told her to shoot, "What if it doesn't shoot?" She asked him already dribbling the orange ball. 

"Nah~ that's fine. At least you tried. Go on." He said gesturing his hand. The girl smiled at him and went to throw the ball and unfortunately, their teacher happened to walk by and the ball hit his bald head making him fell on the ground.