You Still Wet the Bed? (¿Todavía mojas la cama?)

"You still wet the bed?" Sarah asked as she leaned over to place her hand on the bed, feeling the plastic sheet under his bedding as her sister had. "NO!" Justin replied a little too defensively. "I have allergies. The plastic sheet keeps dust and mold from forming on the mattress." It was a lie his mother had told him when she first put the sheet on his mattress to spare his feelings, but which he had since come to realize was not true. "My friend Amy has the same type of thing, actually," Sarah said as she pulled up the bedding on the corner of his bed to look at the plastic sheet. "No, this isn't a tight enough fit to be an allergy sheet, this is for bedwetters. So how often do you wet the bed?" she asked as she put the bedding back in place. "Be nice, Sarah," Yvette told her sister, feeling embarrassed for her new little brother, although she did find it a bit babyish for a high school freshman to need a bedwetter sheet. "I'm just asking," Sarah replied innocently. "Do you wear diapers?" was her next question, which she asked in the same, unassuming tone. Justin's face was beet red by this point. "It's just once in a while, and no, I don't wear DIAPERS!" Sarah smiled at hearing him admit he wet the bed and then headed for his closet. "Are they in here?" she asked as she opened the door. Though there weren't any "diapers" in the closet, there was something else Justin didn't want exposed and he ran over in a panic to try and stop her. It was too late.

"Awe, how sweet," Sarah giggled as she pulled a half-empty package of Goodnights out of the closet. Yvette tried not to laugh, but couldn't help it now. "Those are just for when I'm staying over somewhere else," Justin told them, which was actually the truth, though it didn't really lessen the sting. "Are you wearing one of these right now?" Sarah asked, tugging at the waistband of his jeans! "Stop it!" Justin said, pushing her hand away. He was so mortified at this point it looked like he might start crying. Finally, Yvette put an end to it, taking the package of Goodnights from her sister and putting them back in the closet. "You're not being very nice, Sarah. Justin is your brother now, and who cares if he has a little accident now and then. Plenty of people his age do." Sarah actually felt a little guilty about how badly she'd been teasing Justin and he felt a little better as he could see it on her face. "I'm sorry, Justin. I'm just teasing you," Sarah told him as she put her arm around him and gave him a surprisingly strong squeeze. "You're not mad at me, are you?" "No, I'm not mad," Justin said in a soft voice, but not looking her in the eyes as he was still feeling very embarrassed. "Good," she said as she let go of him, giving him a maternal pat on his bottom that made him feel even more uncomfortable. When Justin went to sleep that night, he noticed the plastic rustle a lot more than usual.

The clock read 4:00am when Justin suddenly woke up to find his new step-sister Yvette sitting on his chest pinning his arms down under her knees. The sheets were pulled back and he could feel Sarah pulling down his pajama bottoms and underwear. "What the hell are you doing? Get off of me!" Justin screamed, thrashing helplessly underneath his much bigger step-sister. Yvette just giggled, easily holding Justin down while Sarah finished peeling his underwear and pajama bottoms off his legs, which he was kicking like wild. "We're just making sure you keep your sheets dry, sis," Sarah told him moving to where he could see her. As she said this she held up his package of Goodnights and pulled one out. Justin just wriggled and struggled, making no progress and mortified to be naked from the waist down. Just seconds later he felt the bedwetter pants being pulled up his legs and put snuggly into place. "There we go, baby," he heard Sarah say, then felt her tickling his stomach and sides. "Stop! Stop!" he yelled, giggling and squirming under Yvette as Sarah tickled him mercilessly. He realized what she was doing, but was powerless to stop it as he suddenly felt the warm wetness spreading around his bottom. Tears started to form in his eyes as he just laid there wetting his Goodnights right in front of his two new sisters.

The clock read 4:45am when Justin awoke from his dream. He wasn't wearing Goodnights, but he immediately wished he was as he realized he had wet the bed. When he started wetting in his dream he must have done it for real. Justin felt an overwhelming shame after all the teasing he had gotten from Sarah and quietly got out of bed and pulled off his bedding. He was hoping only the sheets would be wet, but the blanket and comforter were wet too. Even his pajama top had gotten wet. Justin quickly stripped out of his pajamas and underwear and tiptoed down the hall in the nude to the bathroom. After cleaning himself with a washcloth he quietly made his way back to his room and opened the top drawer of his dresser to get clean underwear and pajamas. As if his luck couldn't get any worse, the only clean pajamas in the drawer were the Superman pajamas with little footies that Sarah had teased him about. Having no alternative, Justin put on a pair of clean underwear and the footie pajamas, gathered up his wet things and quietly headed to the laundry room.

Justin was being as quiet as he could be, trying to stuff the wet sheets, wet pajamas and wet bedding all into the washer at the same time. "Did you wet your bed again?" Justin nearly had another accident as he heard his mom's voice behind him. He turned to face her, but before he could say anything she was right next to him pulling the bedding out of the washer. "You cannot put these in with your sheets, Justin. I really thought we might be over this. You went over two weeks without wetting, and here we are again." "It was my dream..." Justin started to say, then realized he certainly didn't want to divulge what the dream was about. "Maybe Sam's right, maybe you do need to be diapered at bedtime." As she was saying this Justin noticed Sam had appeared in the doorway.

"There's no 'maybe' about it," Sam responded as he walked into the room, looking very upset at having been woken up for this. Justin's mom just looked over her shoulder at Sam and said nothing in Justin's defense as she had in the past. Justin's eyes went wide as Sam suddenly reached down, grabbed him under the armpits and hoisted him up off the floor like he was a small child. Sam tossed the frightened boy over his shoulder, gave him a couple pats on his bottom and headed out of the room. "Come on, Mr. Potty Pants, back to bed."

When they got to Justin's room Sam went to the closet, then plopped Justin down on the bed, which at the moment was covered with only the plastic sheet. Laying on the bed Justin saw that Sam had grabbed his Goodnights from the closet and was pulling one out. "No sense having these if you're not going to use them, hey tiger?" Sam said as he grabbed the waistband of Justin's pajama bottoms and underwear and began to pull them off. "Hey, I can put them on myself!" Justin began to protest, but by the time the words were out of his mouth Sam was already pulling the Goodnights up his legs. "If you act like a baby, you get treated like a baby. If it were up to me I'd be taping you into your Huggies right now," Sam told Justin as he pulled the bedwetter pants up into place, then started putting his pajama bottoms back on him. "And you know what, kiddo, I'm your stepfather now, so that may be happening very shortly. Enjoy your training panties while you still can." Justin's face was bright red, but he didn't really have anything to say in his defense.

Just as Justin was standing up off the bed, his mother walked into the room. "I don't have any clean bedding or sheets for Justin. Do either of the girls have extra-bedding we can use until we get his things washed?" she asked Sam. "You're not putting girls' sheets on my bed!" Justin immediately protested. Without a word Sam spun Justin around and gave him five hard, surprisingly painful swats on his padded bottom. "Children who wet their beds don't get to choose what type of sheets they sleep in." With that Sam left the room.

Justin was nearly in tears from the embarrassment as he slipped back into his bed, which now had Tinkerbell sheets, a pink blanket, and a pink Tinkerbell bedspread. "I'm afraid you're going to have to wear your Goodnights to bed from now on, or at least until you can prove you don't need them," Justin's mom told him as she tucked him in. "And you better hope they don't leak, or you're going to find your closet stocked with Huggies and Pampers," Sam added. Justin looked to his mom to say something, but she didn't utter another word as she and Sam turned out the lights and walked out. Justin just laid there awake in his training pants, footie jammies and Tinkerbell bedding thinking of what humiliation the morning would bring.