Please Come Home for Christmas + Cover Contest!!

Start from the beginning

Everyone agreed and stood in front of the tree with big, goofy grins spread across their faces. Edd forgot to turn the flash off, and a bright light flashed as the picture was taken. Tord stumbled back and bumped into the Christmas tree, knocking it over. The weight of the ornaments brought it down to the ground, smashing each and every one.

The only thing that remained unscathed was the star on top. Everyone gasped as they stared at the mess in horror. "I am so sorry..." Tord said, hanging his head in embarrassment. "I didn't mean to do that, the light was so blinding and-"

"Enough of your bullshit, Tord." Tom said in a sober voice. "This is why we can't have nice things. You always have to come around and ruin them with your stupid shit."

"Hey now, stop pointing fingers Tom," Edd said. "It was an accident. We can go out and buy more decorations,and everything will-"

"Nothing is fine with that menace around!" Tom cried, pointing at Tord. "All he does is ruin our fun and mess everything up. And don't think I'm just blaming him, because I'm blaming you too, Edd. You're the one who thought it would be a great idea to invite him."

"I wanted to invite him because you never let him do anything with us! Why can't you be positive for once, Tom? Why does Tord have to be the scapegoat for every little problem here?"

"Oh, I'm being positive, alright. Positive that Tord has to fucking leave!"

The room fell silent. Everyone was staring at Tom, red-faced and pissed off.

"Maybe you should be the one who has to leave," Edd said, breaking the silence. Tom clenched his teeth. "Fine," he muttered. "If that's what it takes to have a nice time, then that's what I'll do." Tom walked out the door, got in the car, and drove off.

"Good riddance," Edd muttered. "Now who wants to buy some more decorations?" No one responded.

Matt walked up stairs, and Tord walked into the bathroom, leaving Edd by himself. He sat on the couch and held his knees to his stomach, staring at the mess in front of him. Why did Tom have to be such a dickwad?

An hour passed and no one went to talk to each other. Edd decided that he was the one who had to break the silence, and knocked on the bathroom door. "Are you okay, or are you just constipated?" Edd joked.

Tord opened the door, his eyes red and puffy. "I am fine," he said, looking down. "Look Edd, I did not mean to mess up your fun time. It was a accident, I promise. It will not happen-"

"There's no need to apologise, Tord." Edd said, smiling. "Just put the past behind you and focus on what's up ahead. Now let's get Matt and have the best time we've ever had." Suddenly, there were loud screams coming from the roof.  Edd and Tord rushed outside and saw Matt handing by a cord from the roof of the house. "Guys help me please, anything!!!" Matt screamed, his eyes filled with fear. "I'm going to die, please don't let me die, please..."

"Hang on!" Edd cried." I'm coming to get you Matt! Don't fall!"

The sound of something snapping brought horror into everyone's hearts as Matt plummeted to the ground. Edd and Tord rushed to catch him, but they were too late. He hit the ground with a sickening crack.