Chapter 10: Swan Boots & Little Devils

Start from the beginning

It's not.

Don't make it out to be when it's not.

"Do you want to stay?" Chloe repeats her question.

I lean a little closer, waiting for her to say that she does when I accidentally knock over a picture frame sitting on the fireplace mantle.

Shit.

I quickly stand it up and make my way into the kitchen as though I haven't been standing there for the last few minutes.

Act normal Harold, act normal.

I breeze in like all's well, even though it might not be right now, but hopefully it will eventually be.

If I have any say in it.

And I have a lot to say.

"Ready to go I see?" I smile down at my youngest girl who gives me an enthusiastic nod in return.

I walk over to Beth and cuddle her close to me, inhaling her scent as I rest my lips on her neck before kissing her quickly on the mouth.

"What are you going to get up to today while we're gone?" I ask, receiving a shrug of her shoulders and a look of indifference on her face.

"Bit of housework, might go for a walk with the boys, just potter around..." she replies.

"Well try not to get up to any mischief while I'm out eh?" I smirk.

A random thought of her getting up to mischief forces a sudden rush of blood to my nether regions.

Shit.

Bunnies, bunnies, bunnies.

"You'd never know," she cheekily winks at me.

Fuck.

Think of more cute little fuzzy wuzzy animals Harold.

"You better get going, I'm sure you've got a full day planned if I know you," she smiles.

I give her a kiss on the cheek and grab my car keys before holding out my hand for Chloe to take.

"Behave," Beth says sternly.

"She will," I shout out over my shoulder.

"I was talking to both of you," she replies.

"You got told," Chloe giggles.

Bloody hell.

"She said both of us so that means you as well," I reply like a five-year-old, "bye love," I remember to call out to Beth as we head outside.

Chloe's much quicker than me and has the door open before I can get around to her side, jumping in and shutting it before giving me a curious look as I backtrack and go around to my side.

"What are you doing?" she asks as I put my seatbelt on.

"I was going to open your door for you," I reply as I start the engine and push the button for the garage door to open.

"I can do it myself you know," she replies as she looks out the window.

"I know," I grin at her, which she returns.

"Let's go Harry!" she points towards the windscreen, before stopping and giving me a side glance.

She pulls her hand back and points behind us.

"Probs should go that way," she giggles.

I grin at her and reverse out of the garage, pulling out onto the street.