Unexpected Visit

I woke up to the sound of a chair falling onto the floor. I slowly opened my eyes rolling over. Dally's jacket slid off my body and I felt the chill of the morning air. Pony slowly picked up the wooden chair and placed it up against the wall. He noticed me sit up.
"Morning." he said like it was just a regular day. He unwrapped the bread and baloney and began to make himself a sandwich. After he took a bite he began to say something but I couldn't understand him.
I got up and tied the jacket around my waist.
"Where's Johnny?" I asked grabbing a piece of baloney and taking a bite.
"He's out by the tree." Pony pointed to the old tree right behind the church.
I smiled at Pony as I shoved the rest of the baloney into my mouth. I called for Johnny.He came out from behind the tree.
"Y-your hair..." I walked over to him.
"What?" He asked putting his switchblade in his back pocket.
"Your hair?!" I said louder this time. He had cut it shorter then I'd ever seen on a greaser.
"Oh...yea about that.." he scratched the back of his head, " They probably have pictures of us out in the papers and I wouldn't want anyone to recognize us.." his eyes began to drift over to look at my hair.
"No." I said. "Never."
"Come on Bella! It'll grow back!" He took his switch blade out from his pocket again and handed it to me.
I gently took it from him and followed him to the church. There was a broken mirror propped up against the wall. He motioned for me to sit down.
"Don't feel too bad Pony's gonna bleach his hair." He said as I flipped the blade open.
I grabbed a handful of hair and took a deep breath. All it took was one quick slice.
________________________________
By dinner time I still hadn't gotten used to my hair. I had cut it at shoulder length and I have to admit it didn't look too bad. Pony, Johnny, and I sat in silence. Every once in a while we would start up a conversation but it always ended quickly. After having two sandwiches each we all moved away from the table. Ponyboy picked up a book Johnny bought for him while he got the food. I sat on the floor and motioned for them to sit next to me. They both sat down. Pony flipped the book open to the first page.
"What book is it?" I asked leaning closer so I could read the cover.
"Gone with the Wind.." Pony began to grin. "Thanks Johnny!" He added.
Johnny responded with a smile. I watched as Pony's eyes scanned the page.
"Could you read it out loud?" I laid back on the concrete. Pony began reading out loud and I slowly fell asleep.
________________________________
I woke up to the sound of a familiar voice.
"Hey blonde..." Dally said while leaning over and tapping my head. 
"Dal!" Johnny jumped up tiredly. Pony just groaned and sat up.
Dally ignored Johnny as he leaned down putting out his hand. I took it and he pulled me to my feet.
Johnny continued to hop around. "Dal I thought we were gonna rot away here! I didn't think you would come up!"
Dally turned towards Johnny and just smiled. He turned his gaze towards me again. He reached out and gently tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.
"Looks tough..." he said his sly grin growing across his face.
The attention he was giving me had caused me to blush. I turned around before they could notice and bent down to pick up Dally's jacket. I shook it off and handed it to him. He simply threw it back to me. "Keep it." He winked.
"Oh ya..." he said turning to Pony (I frowned a little as he turned his attention away from me) "I got a letter for Ponyboy Curtis." He handed a worn piece of paper to Pony. Pony sat on the floor as he carefully read it twice over.
Johnny ran up to Dally like a little kid. He just smiled and asked Dal how it was back in town. I simply leaned back against the wall as I pulled Dally's jacket tighter around my shoulders.