To be or not to be

Start from the beginning

“That wasn’t funny you spitball.” I say smacking him repeatedly.

“Oh my god, oh my god, I just scared the crap out of you!” he says barely able to talk from his laughter.

“You did not scare me, stop being childish,” I say as I try to get up and fall onto him chest. I can feel his heart beating quickly; his stomach is warm and I get this strange sensation coming over my body giving me goose bumps. I press my ear against his heart and his rapid beating thud-thud-thud. I smile to myself, and notice he isn’t laughing anymore.

“Um that’s my heart, with an average of fifty beats per minute and with three vessels:Superiorvena cava, Aorta, Pulmonary vein. The average time you’re heart will beat in your life is 2.5 billion times. The third most needed body part, and-” I want to kiss him so bad but instead I just get up.  

~~~~~~~

Bryan and I aren’t going out we just liked to mess around with each other and kind of act like we were an item. It annoyed Lauren all the time because she always claimed that we were never serious and played around too much, but that’s what I live to do.

Normally, I’d be callingBryana dork or loser, but ever since he found out about the death of his father when we were going into junior year everything changed. He starting wrestling then quit and joined the football team, his clothes were different, he was bold and brave, and transformed into a major jock. Lauren, on the other hand became more dedicated and committed to school and had a complete new mindset. Me, well I’m the same old Jessica Peters… Well I think at least. Bryan and I are equals now; so much Lauren felt like a third wheel at times. 

~:::::::~

Bryan’s POV

“So what do you have planned today, Jessica?” I ask stroking her blonde locks.

“I was thinking the movies, but I feel like staying on the couch and ordering Chinese, what do you think?”

“I’m kind of beat,” I admit “Chinese on the couch sounds good.” I pick up my phone and call the Chinese number that we normally eat at. After I order, we just flick through channels bored and tired.

“I got my butt kicked in that soccer match yesterday and I’m sore.”She complains lifting her head off the couch to talk.

“Poor you,” I say not really playing attention to her.

I have to admit, Jessica is totally a babe, she has a nice body, which isn’t lacking, especially in some departments, and she has beautiful hair with natural curls and her boobs just-.

“Why are you staring at me like a puppy dog?” Jessica says taking me away from my thoughts.

“Oh! I was- I wasn’t staring at you.” I try to say completely lying through my teeth.

“Sure you weren’t,” she says laughing, her hair tossing from side to side, as she moves her head.

It was quiet and we continued to watch T.V., I got caught and she knew what was on my mind. I could say or do everything but tell her how I feel. I always wondered what was going on in Jessica’s mind, like earlier when she was staring at me so intently, was she thinking what I was? Or was something wrong? She could have just been staring into space in my general direction! For some reason I could never ask Jessica why she was staring at me or saying certain things, I just had to let them slide.

“What time is it?” Jessica says yawning breaking the silence.

“It’s almost 5:00, our food should be ready for pickup.” I say lifting Jessica off me, to my surprise she was light as a feather.