#48 The uninvited guests

Start from the beginning

"Do you think they will help me?" I asked doubtfully.

"Wait" Shyam was already walking to the house.

He pressed the doorbell and a few minutes later, A woman came to the door.

"We are here to see the professor Indira, It's urgent" he said to the young girl behind, So five minutes later, Natasha's mother appeared behind the door.

"Shyam?" She looked surprised to see him.

I carried sanjana out of the car and looked at her.

"Please ma'am, Help us to save sanjana, It will be too late if we drive to dream land" shyam said.

But she was looking at me.

"He was so arrogant when he rejected my daughter, what was it he said...yea! I Don't plan to get committed, I am not looking for a relationship now" she said. "now you come here with another girl-"

"Ma'am please.." Shyam said.

"Come in" She moved back from the door and said unpleasantly.

"What happened to her!?" She noticed sanju for the first time.

"Her body temperature went down, she's severely hypothermic" shyam said.

"Can you please change her and help her body to warm up ma'am?" I asked slowly.

"What happened to her!? I can't do anything risky, if something happened to her-"

"Mam please" I said. "just help us-"

"She's not related to me or even you, Arjun" She said. "You are a lawyer, you would know better that if we tried to help and something happened to her here today-"

"Stop it! Nothing is going to happen to her" My voice shook as I answered her.

"She's not related to any one of us, I really am worried about this, If someone asked me why I tried to help someone who I don't even know, What am I supposed to answer? Better take her to hospital before something happens!"

I had had enough, I walked to the settee and placed her there.

Both shyam and Professor Indira seemed to think that I'm going to get violent.

I took a deep breath, Trying to calm myself.

I know that If we cant help her now, She cannot hold on much longer.

"We are already engaged and She's-" I started, But stopped midway when I caught sight of the "Pooja" tray with a small lamp and the red kumkum powder.

I didn't hesitate as I took a pinch of the red colour powder and marked a still sleeping sanjana on the border of her hair, At the exact position where a husband would touch the sindoor on a wife's head.

I turned back to a stunned shyam and Professor Indira.

"Now" I said. "My wife's critical, She's in need of treatment, Can you help her?" I asked her in a final voice. "Please" I added, Pleading with someone to help me for the first time in my life.

She looked transfixed to the spot for a moment, then nodded quickly.

"That room.." she pointed and I carried sanjana there and placed her on the bed.

"Sindu.." Indira called and the young girl came inside. "Change her clothes, See if there's Natasha's cloths" She said and the girl nodded.

I looked up at her.

"She's my house help" She said.

It looks like she wants to insult me.

"She's too young" I said slowly. "can she really take care of-"