Chapter 17

The tears fell like a waterfall. What have I done? I ruined something great. The words became clear.

"Melissa! Melissa." His voice softened as he approached me. Louis.

"Go away, please." I said my voice cracking.

"No. Not this time." His voice straightening like his stance.

I faced him wiping the tears from my face. He came closer closing the space between us. I flinched trying to avoid his touch. His hand caressed my cheek, and he wiped away my tear. I pushed his hand away looking down.

"You should go," I said.

"I won't."

"Leave! You don't want to end up like Derek." I said anger in my tone.

"Why do you hate me, Melissa?"

"I hate that I love you!" I yelled too loudly for comfort. I covered my mouth. Damn it! Why do I have to be such an idiot.

"You love me?" he said so softly that I could barely hear him, walking towards me, his hand reached out

"No. No, I don't. I didn't mean to say that." I started to walk away but he ran after me. Why does he keep doing this to me?!

"But you did."

"I'm not thinking straight. Too much is going on. Just go away."

"If you didn't mean it then why did you say it?"

"Because the person I need to say it to doesn't feel the same way. He never will." I said my voice lowering as I said the last sentence.

"Who was it meant for?"

"None of your business."

"It is my business, because it's me."

"Not every girl is gonna fall for your little act."

"What act?"

"That 'I'm so sweet, smart, funny, and handsome, and I will never find true love' act."

"What are you talking about?"

"You act all innocent, but you are so inconsiderate of other people and the feelings they have. Stop acting like your perfect already. Everyone is over you. That little stunt you pulled. Trying to save me from getting hurt. I'm capable of fighting my own battles, so just stay out of my business."

"Melissa, I don't understand."

"You'll never understand. Just stay away from me."

"But-"

"Matter of fact, stay out of life."

I walked away furiously. How can his eyes look so sincere but his heart so cold? It doesn't matter. He is nothing to me. I'll avoid him best I can. I won't talk to him or look at him. The only thing I won't do is quit being the assistant coach. I'm not gonna give up something I love just because he and Derek are a part of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry it's so short, I just didn't know how to end it. Well I'm done with school. YYYYAAASSSSSSS BISH YAAAASSSSSS!!! That's Soulja Boy and Nicki Minaj's new album. 😁 Can't wait to go to the beach with the bf. 💑 They need an emoji with 2 girls and a heart in between them, cuz that would explain me and my best friend. You thought I had a boyfriend. 😂😂😂😂😂 Yeah. No. I'm #foreveralone

Thanks! Luv ya lots!!

~Natalie <3 :D