Chapter 13

Before the Party

My bag was on the floor, my textbooks spread all over my bed, all of my makeup (most of which was given to me by Jessica) on the floor of my bathroom, and 7 dresses placed overtop my textbooks. Jessica was in my ear saying how I should curl my hair instead of putting it up like I always did after school. She had found out that I was going to the party from a friend of hers who talked to a friend of hers who asked the gossip girl who was going to the party who heard from a guy on the soccer team that Luke told him I said I was going to go to the party. How this happened so quickly? I have no clue. But she told me that if I wanted Luke that I would have to wear a dress that was classy but that showed some skin and cleavage, but wasn't slutty yet casual. How I would do this. I again had no clue, but she said it was simple. I chose a black dress that had tiny pastel daisies placed 1&1/2 inches apart. It barely showed cleavage which I was happy about. It showed most of my upper back. No sleeves and stopped 3 inches above my knee. This of course I had to describe in great detail to Jessica making sure I measured how far it was above the knee. She told me to put on Gold Dust eyeshadow that she said would look good but it would be safe and fun. The bad thing is my eyes aren't dark brown or light brown so I could never choose whether to wear light eyeshadow or dark eyeshadow. She told me not to put Bronzer on because it would not go well with the lights at the party. I never understood makeup talk and this just confused me more. I needed foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, volume mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss. If I do say so myself, my lip gloss is poppin'. My lip gloss is cool. (Sorry, I just had to!) I wore my hair in a simple halo braid. When I looked in the mirror, I looked so, so... different. My eyes were sticking out so much and my lips looked so full glimmering with the brand new lip gloss. All my blemishes had vanished. I guess Luke was inspiration to look my best. I had finally hung up with Jessica when Luke text me the address to the house the party was at. I searched it on google maps. It wasn't too far from my house. I decided I would walk like always.

I packed for my sleepover on Friday because Friday would be the night of the soccer game and pizza w/ the team. After I had packed I told my uncle where I was going and then walked down the stairs. He wasn't too happy that I was going to a party but when I told him that Jessica was going he felt better because Jessica was a "good influence" on me. He honestly had no clue what she was really like. I took one last glance at the map on my phone, and started walking.

The Party

I saw a few people standing outside the house talking with red solo cups in their hands. I hope they don't expect me to drink alcohol. I walked forward, but my arm was caught by a large hand. I turned around quickly to see Louis's face.

"Thank God, you scared me!" I said sighing, but then angrily pulled my arm away.

"Relax, no one is here is to kidnap you. I'm pretty sure no one would want to with how much you whine." He said in a joking yet rude way.

"Haha. Very funny. Do you know where Luke is?"

He gave me a disappointed upset look then said in an angry tone, "Why do you care?"

"He's the one that invited me to the party."

"That doesn't mean you have to hang out with him."

"No, it means he's my friend and I only like to hang out with my friends. If your mad at me then say something!"

"Me? You're the one that wouldn't talk to me! I was trying to help you-"

"I can take care of myself! I have my own problems to deal with; I don't need you to add to my problems! Okay?"

"Okay." He said walking away with a blank face. I could tell by the way he walked he was in pain. How could I have caused him pain? He really hadn't done anything wrong, but my business was my business and I didn't need anyone finding out something they didn't need to. It was already embarrassing enough being me. I have too much on my mind. I came here to forget about all that and be a normal teenager.