• epilogue •

Omniscient POV
*about 6 months later*
Friday, August 31, 2017

"You're almost there Kelly, you're doing so great! On the count of three, I'm gonna need you to push again."

Kelly has been in labor for about 12 hours and she has had enough. She was ready for this child to come out already. She didn't feel much pain because she took an epidural, but the amount of effort she had to put into pushing was just too much.

"I'm about to give up. I can't!" Kelly screeched, tears and sweat all over her face.

"Kelendria come on baby. You have to push through." she heard her mother say. The only people in the delivery room was the doctor, Mama Doris, Mama Tina, and Trey. Everyone else was in the waiting room.

"Mama I swear I can't." Kelly said barely above a whisper. She was out of breath and could barely speak, let alone push.

Trey was by Kelly's side the whole time holding onto and massaging her hand to calm her nerves, but it wasn't working that well.

"Kelly, the baby is crowning!" the doctor said. "Just give us a strong push and the head will be all the way out. It gets easier from there."

Kelly nodded and took some short breaths.

"On the count of three...one, two, three!"

Kelly pushed as hard as she could. She could feel the baby's head sliding out, which was a good sign.

"One more push, Kelly! You're almost done!"

"You got this, babe." Trey whispered into Kelly's ear. She smiled, but then mean mugged him because she remembered that his dick is what got her into this situation.

"On the count of three...one, two..."

Kelly didn't even wait until three, she was ready to get this over with. She pushed until she almost felt like passing out, and before she knew it, she heard her baby girl crying.

"You did it!" Mama Tina exclaimed. Kelly was very excited but she couldn't express it at the moment because she felt so weak.

The doctor smiled and handed the baby to Kelly. Tears filled Kelly's eyes as she held onto her baby girl.

"Hey Kiara Trene." she whispered. Kelly and Trey both suck at name picking, so they decided to go with something simple. They agreed that the baby's name would start with a K if it was a girl, and T for a boy. Also, Kelly likes her middle name, so she decided to pass it on to her baby.

"She is so beautiful." Mama Doris said.

Kelly held the baby up so Trey could hold her. He was already crying so having the baby in his arms just made him cry even harder.

Kelly liked the emotional side of Trey. He don't show it often, so it always surprises her when she sees it. It makes her emotional too.

"Awwww, Papa Trey." Kelly giggled.

For the rest of the morning, Kelly and Trey's close family and friends would come in the room to check up on Kelly and see the baby. When they were finally left alone to rest, and baby Kiara was in Trey's arms sleeping, they took some time to reflect on life.

This past year was full of ups and downs, but Kelly and Trey could both admit that they wouldn't have wanted to go through it with anyone else.

A year ago, Kelly imagined her future differently. She was prepared to marry someone else. What if she never expressed her feelings to Trey that day?  What if she continued to hide and deny them? She would be living her life with someone who wasn't right for her. She would be missing out on true love. Life has a crazy way of working itself out. Sometimes you gotta go through the worst to realize what's best for you. And what's best for Kelly is the person sitting right next to her.

For Trey, he just knew his chances with Kelly were over when they lost contact with each other years ago. This was confirmed when he showed up to the New Year's party and saw Kelly engaged to some other man. He had all these feelings for a woman who seemed to not feel the same way. That's why it was shocking when he found out that Kelly did in fact love him too. Now not only is he with the love of his life, but he's married to her and has been blessed with a child. This year wasn't easy, but it was the best year of Trey's life.

"Kelz, are you gonna go to sleep soon? You okay?"

"Yeah baby I'm fine." Kelly replied. "Just sitting here thinking about how far we've come."

"I was thinking about the same thing."

"Can you believe it? You're my whole husband. We have a whole daughter. Shit's crazy. In a good way, of course."

"It all feels like a dream. But our little sleeping beauty here tells me that this is real life." he replied, looking down at Kiara and smiling.

"It sure is." Kelly winked.

"And it's gon stay real life cause I'm not going anywhere. Ever."

"Neither am I." Kelly leaned forward to kiss Trey's lips. "I love you to death, Tremaine."

"I love you even more than that, Kelendria."

———————————————————

Well, this officially marks the end of Book #1. Lemme hit y'all with a speech right quick... *clears throat* 😂

Thank you so much for supporting this story. I appreciate all the views, votes, and comments. To my ghost readers, I appreciate y'all too lol. This was my first Wattpad story, so the fact that it even got this much love... it truly means a lot. ❤️ I especially appreciate y'all for being patient when I take forever to update 😭

Book #2 should be up shortly, probably tomorrow. I will let y'all know when it's out! 🤗 thank you again, I luh y'all.

- ratedJG (Jayda) 💓