• twenty six: part two •

Kelly

"Kelly? Wow, what a surprise," he said, widening his eyes.

I nodded and internally rolled my eyes. I need to just get this over with.

"Come in," he said, moving aside. I walked in and looked around a bit. His house was kinda bigger than I expected it to be. It's not like a huge mansion but he's living pretty nicely.

"Make yourself comfortable," he suggested. I don't need to do all that. I just sat on one of his couches and he stood in front of me.

"Can I get you anything to eat? Drink?" he asked and I sighed.

"No Derek, I won't be long," I spoke. "I'm only here because I would rather say what I need to say in person rather than through the phone."

He sat down next to me. "Say what?"

I took a deep breath. "I...I can't work with you anymore."

He stayed silent for a few seconds, then started chuckling. "Woooow."

"Oh come on. You can't act surprised. You saw what happened earlier. I can't put my unfinished album over my relationship."

"Kelly, it's not that serious. This is just business," he replied.

"Is it?"

He looked at me and shook his head. "You're seriously gonna fire me because your boyfriend feels threatened?"

"Ain't nobody threatened by you," I said with an attitude. I was starting to get annoyed.

"Okay so what is it then?"

"None of your business, to be quite honest."

"Nah I get it. He just got you wrapped around his finger."

"Excuse you?" I stood up and crossed my arms.

"You heard me," he chuckled. "Is he your boyfriend or your father?"

It took everything in me not to slap the color off of his skin. I clenched then unclenched my fists, and took a deep breath.

"You know what? I should go," I said calmly. "It was nice working with you while it lasted. I would say 'see you around' but I honestly hope I never see you again." I started walking towards the door.

"Mhm...We'll see about that," I heard him mumble. Something about the way he said that didn't sit well with me. But I pretended I didn't hear it and slammed his front door shut.

I sighed as I slid into my car. I gotta make things right with Trey. I'm not gonna argue with him because I realized he was right. If I had just told him the truth then I wouldn't be in this situation. I'm willing to admit I was wrong. But I just don't know if he'll forgive me this time. What if this is my last strike?

I started my car and immediately drove to Chris' house. I already knew that's where Trey was, I know him too well.

I got there in 15 minutes and saw Trey's car in the driveway. See, I know this nigga like the back of my hand. I parked my car near his and got out. I sighed and rang Chris doorbell. He eventually opened the door and widened his eyes when he saw me standing in front of him. Why is everyone always so shocked when they see me standing in front of their door?