• twenty one: part three •

Kelly
Monday, April 3
Los Angeles, California
5pm

"Lala this is some bullshit!" Beyoncé exclaimed. "The fuck you mean they broke up?!"

Lala and I arrived back in LA early this morning. She decided to stay at my house for the day and keep me company. Beyoncé had just arrived so Lala could fill her in on what happened. I haven't said one word to anybody since I left Mama April's house almost 24 hours ago. I chose to stay silent because I feel like if I spoke, my emotions would get the best of me and I would break down.

"I know Bey," Lala sighed. "It's all a mess. One minute I'm in the kitchen talking to auntie April and grubbing on some pie. Next thing I know, we hear Kelly cussing the nigga out. So we go upstairs to see what's good, then all of a sudden some lil bitch comes out the cut."

"Wait a minute, lil bitch?!" Bey's eyes widened. "I really hope you're not tryna tell me that this nigga cheated."

"Well I don't know, cause I still don't know who exactly the bitch is." Lala gave me a side eye, hoping that I would finally speak.

Bey sighed. "Kelly c'mon, say something."

I crossed my arms and looked off into the distance.

"Pleaseeee Kels, for me," Lala pleaded, poking out her bottom lip.

"Why she gotta do it for you?" Bey challenged. "What if I want her to do it for me?"

"Oh girl hush, I'm the one who trooped it to Virginia with her," Lala retorted. "Where was you at?"

"Handling my business. Maybe you should find some."

"Man y'all sound childish as hell," I mumbled really low, hoping that they wouldn't actually hear me.

"Oh. my. gosh. She spoke!" Bey gasped dramatically.

"It's a miracle!" Lala whispered. I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes. I can sense sarcasm from a mile away.

"Y'all did that on purpose so I could react," I said. "I'm not dumb."

"And we knew it would cause you to speak," Lala chuckled. "You always say something when we argue."

I waved them off.

"So can I at least know who the bitch was?" Bey asked. "I need a name so I can know who to kill."

"I really don't wanna talk about it," I said softly. I'd rather not think about what happened because I don't want to cry. But they ain't making it easy for me.

"Ugh, okay..." Lala groaned. "I'll guess we should respect that--"

"Her name is Myra," I blurted out. "Her and Trey used to have a thing years back. Apparently she moved out of Virginia but moved back recently. And she clearly can't let go of the past cause the lil hoe still tryna push up on him."

Lala and Bey looked at each other in shock. I know I said I didn't want to talk about it but this anger was literally eating me alive. And once I started to release it, I just couldn't stop.

"The bitch kissed my man. Now he had said he didn't kiss her back because he doesn't feel anything for her. But here's the best part," I put a sarcastic emphasis on "best".