• one •

Kelly
Thursday, December 29

"Bitch, wake ya ass up!" I was awakened by someone screaming in my ear. I opened one eye and saw my best friend, La La, hovered over me smiling evilly. Groaning, I turned my body so that I was now laying on my stomach, burying my face into my pillow.

"Kelendria...it's one in the afternoon. Get up," she demanded. I rolled my eyes and turned my body back around, sitting up slowly. "Don't be calling me by my government, Alani," I said. "Fuck you," she replied as I started laughing.

"How did you even get into my house?" I inquired, stretching my arms and yawning.

"You clearly forgot that you gave me a key." This is the first time she's used the key since I gave it to her last year, so of course I forgot. "We gotta do some last minute planning for the party."

"Well shit, I just woke up," I mumbled. "Can I at least wash my ass first?"

"Take your time, dirty ass hoe," La giggled. "I'ma be downstairs." I rolled my eyes and gave her the finger as she started to walk downstairs to the living room. I went inside my bathroom and did my hygiene routine. After that, followed by a 15 minute shower, I slipped on some basketball shorts and a sports bra.

I walked downstairs and found La La on the couch watching TV with a bag of MY chips in her hands. "You're way too comfortable," I mumbled, laying down on the same couch and placing my feet on her lap.

"Look who's talking," she scolded. "What did you do last night that's causing you to be so tired right now?"

"Girl, I was watching movies almost all night. I didn't feel like sleeping."

"Damn, and you didn't even have Lil Timmy here with you to keep you company," she snickered.

"You know how I feel about that nickname La. Cut that shit out." She calls my fiancé, Tim, Lil Timmy because of his height. He's only a few inches shorter than me, so I don't know what the big deal is. And plus, that doesn't even matter, because his body makes up for it. Me and Tim have been on and off for about four years. He's made some mistakes in the past, but when he proposed to me in February, he declared to me that he changed his ways. He doesn't live with me because he doesn't think he should move in until we're married.

"Whatever. Anywho, about the New Year's party," La said. Me and La have decided to throw a party to ring in the New Year. It's expected to be a lit ass party, since we've thrown many great parties together in the past. Therefore, we want to make sure that everything is on point.

"What else do we have left to do?" I asked.

"Well first, we have to discuss the decorations of the venue with the interior designer," she began. "And I think we could still invite more people. I'll invite a few more and you'll invite a few more."

"La, we already have about 350 people attending," I reminded her. "Who else do we need?"

"I already have some people in mind for myself. But I know who you can invite..."

"And who would that be?"

"Trey muthafuckin Songz bitchhhh!" she exclaimed. Oh shit, how could I forget to invite Trey? Him and I go way back. He featured in a remix to my hit song Motivation back in 2011. I liked his verse the best, and we performed it together at the BET Awards that same year. We became really close after that. Everyone thought we were dating. I even played his love interest in his music video for Heart Attack in 2012. Eventually we started talking less, and ever since I got engaged to Tim, I haven't really been good at contacting him. I actually really miss him, I'll admit that.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe I forgot to invite him," I muttered.

"For real," La agreed. "I know he would've been real hurt if he didn't come. He used to have strong feelings for you. Shit, he probably still has those feelings."

"Feelings?" I chuckled. "Chile, what feelings? We're just friends, nothing more."

"You're deadass the only one that never realized," she said.

"Realized what? I mean, yeah, he flirted with me all the time, and I always flirted back. It was never that serious. He probably just wanted to fuck, that's all."

"Okay Kelz," La sighed.

"Anyway, I'm engaged to Tim, so I don't got time to be worried about shit like that."

"As if being engaged to that nigga is a good thing."

"What?"

"I said, 'make me some damn food, I'm hungry.'"

"Now you know damn well that ain't what you said," I groaned. "But i'ma let it slide."
----------------------------
I hope y'all liked this chapter. Any feedback would be great 😊 comment, vote, and share please!