• three •

Kelly
Sunday, January 1

Last night was mad real.

Not to sound conceited or anything, but I think the New Year's party last night was by far the best party La and I have ever thrown. It was full of great people and great vibes. I would definitely say that La and I are pretty lit as a dream team.

Speaking of Lala, she decided to spend the night here instead of going home to Carmelo and Kiyan. I swear this girl spends more time here than at her own damn house. Beyoncé is staying in Miami for a whole week, so I will also be seeing her a lot. As a matter of fact, she's been in my house since this morning.

I guess I'm running a hotel.

"Who been teaching y'all how to plan parties since I've last been here?" Bey asked. "Cause last night was lit as hell."

"Bitch! What you tryna say?" I exclaimed. "We were trash before?"

"Nah...well see..."

"Don't sit here and lie," La interrupted, waving her finger.

Beyoncé playfully sipped her water as Lala and I gave her a side eye.

"Fuck you," Lala joked. "Always being petty."

"Damn, I'm sorry, Alani," Bey replied, giggling.

Lala shot a deadly glare at Beyoncé and flipped her off.

"Calm y'all little childish asses down," I said.

"Anyway...speaking of being petty, did y'all see the way Trey was acting last night?" Lala whispered, leaning in, as if we aren't the only people in the house.

"Hell yeah, I peeped that shit," Bey replied, sipping her water again.

"What are y'all talking about?"

"You didn't see it, Kelly?" La said.

"I went up to him and said hi, introduced him to Tim, then left to go greet Bey. He seemed fine."

"Fix it, Jesus!" La exclaimed. "I don't understand how you don't realize these things."

"Well is somebody gonna start explaining?" I sighed.

"Trey was salty the whole night, Kelly," Lala replied.

"And you know this because..."

"He legit stood in the same spot the whole night! He didn't socialize with anyone, and I'm pretty sure he was sipping on the same glass of flat ass champagne the entire time."

"Now you know that can't be true. What, were you watching him all night or something? Stalker."

"Well it was pretty obvious, Kel," Beyoncé interjected. "He was obviously upset to see you with Tim."

"Why would he have been upset though?"

"Kelendria, chile," Lala said, shaking her head. "You're a smart girl, but you're on your Stacey Dash shit right now, because you're acting clueless."

I rolled my eyes as Beyoncé bursted into uncontrollable laughter.

"Whatever bitches. If you're tryna say that Trey has actual feelings for me, you're wrong. Nigga just probably wants to be my fuck buddy."

Lala sucked her teeth and glared at me with disgust. Bey raised her eyebrows and twisted her lips.

"What?" I shrugged. As they continued to stare me down, I sighed and said, "Y'all, Trey is like my best friend. Yes, we've done a lot together. Yes, we used to be basically inseparable. I have a lot of love for him. But these 'feelings' y'all keep saying he has for me? I don't see it. He probably only sees me as a physical attraction; nothing more, nothing less. So, I think it's time to put y'all cute little fantasies to rest."

I'm saying this with so much confidence, yet for some reason I feel like I'm lying to myself.

Trey

"Ah shit. Trey, swing me a Tylenol and a glass of water. My head is pounding."

This nigga Chris was wasted as fuck last night, so a hangover was inevitable. Speaking of things being wasted, last night was a complete waste of my time. The party itself was a success, but I just wasn't for it.

Watching someone you love, love someone else is the worst feeling. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. A part of me wants to leave Miami right now and never look back, and the other part of me wants to tell Kelly straight up how I feel, even though she's engaged.

Walking to the kitchen, I twisted the cap off the container of pain killers and poured two pills out. I poured a glass of water and gave it to Chris along with the pills. "Thanks bro," he mumbled.

"Why'd you even get a separate hotel room if you were gonna stay in mine all the damn time?" I joked. He sucked his teeth and flipped the bird.

"Whatever nigga. But tell me something..."

"What you want."

"How you feel about this whole Kelly situation?" he asked.

"What Kelly situation?"

"Don't play dumb, nigga," he chuckled.

"Alright alright," I sighed. "Honestly I don't know how I feel. I was pissed last night but I bet everyone saw that. You probably just the only person who actually knows why."

"Damn. In my opinion I don't think that Tim nigga is right for her. Word on the street is that he cheated on her a couple of times."

What the fuck? And she's still with him?

"He seem like the type," I replied simply.

"Listen bro. Before you leave Miami, you gotta tell Kelly how you feel," Chris blurted out.

"Yeah but what would be the point? She's taken."

"So? Getting that shit off your chest might help you. And you never know..."

"I guess I'll never know, man," I interrupted, shaking my head.

"Don't be a pussy. Unless it's her pussy."

I bursted out into laughter. Chris always got some corny shit to say. But anyway, I might just confess my feelings to Kelly. It might not make a difference, but it's worth a shot.
----------------------------
This chapter was lowkey short lol. But what do y'all think is gonna happen next? 👀

Comment, vote, and share 😘