One of Us?

Third P.O.V

You woke up the next morning in the spare bedroom at Joey's house. The day before you spent a lot of time with Joey training in the woods. You could tell how much Joey had improved from just a few hours of training. He will become strong. You let your mind wonder to the previous day and it's event. You begin to blush when you recap the moment when you two kiss.

      The sun was up, casting shadows through the curtains in the room. You got up and took a shower, hoping Joey wouldn't mind. You used his shampoo which actually smelled really good. When you got out of the shower you wrapped one of his pristine white towels around your hair and on around your body. The towel reached just above your knees. You mentally face palmed at the fact that you forgot your clothes in the spare bedroom. You peaked from behind the door and didn't see him. You padded your way down the quiet hallway, your footsteps making a quiet noise each time you took a step. 

     "Y/n?" Joey's voice came from behind you. You turn around slowly and face him. Your cheeks feel like that are on fire. "Did you just have a shower?"

     "Yeah... I was hoping you wouldn't mind." You say, completely embarrassed.

     "I don't mind. Help yourself to breakfast when you are dressed." Joe answers and turns to walk downstairs. In that moment you wonder if that was embarrassing for him as it was for you.

     "Well, okay then." You shrug and get dressed. You put on an oversized shirt with mickey mouse on it and high waisted acid wash jean shorts. You put your hair in a messy bun and head downstairs. Joey is sitting on a bar stool, on his computer eating avocado toast. You make yourself some as well and sit beside him. Wolf comes up to greet you and you pet him.

     "I am gonna head home today and upload to my channel, maybe stop by Shane's." You start a conversation.

    "Okay, when are you leaving?" Joey asks. "You can stay as long as you want, Y/n." Joey adds.

     "Thank you, and after this I'll gather my stuff and leave." You answer. The tension in the air is thick. You want to talk about the kiss and ask what it makes the two of you, but you don't want to bring it up. In case he didn't like you in that way and was just caught up in the moment.

     "Sounds good." Joey says. You finish your breakfast in silence and quickly gather your stuff.

    "Well, I'll see you later, Joey." You say to him.

     "Yeah," Joey stands up and kisses you, pulling you close to him. You kiss him back and wrap your hands around his neck. The kiss was short and sweet. "See ya." Joey smiles.

     "Bye." You blush fiercely. You get into your jeep and drive through the busy streets of Las Angeles. Your road rage wasn't as bad today as it usually is. You made it to Shane's house. You always have loved and continue to love Shane's house. It's beautiful view and awesome pool! What's not to love? Besides the creepiness.

     You get out of your jeep and walk right into his house. "I'm home!" You yell.

     "Welcome, I'll  be your waiter at your humble estate." Ryland laughed. He was sitting in the living room, watching Stranger Things.

     "You're only on this episode?" You ask. "I could spoil this whole thing for you right now." You say, evily.

     "Shane! SHANE! Y/n is here and torturing me!" Ryland yells.

     "No I'm not!" You yell out. You lunge for the remote to grab it from Ryland.

    "No! Give it back!" Ryland laughs and tries to grab it from you. You feel a vine wrap around your arm where Ryland's hand touched you. You quickly retract your hand and so does Ryland. His eyes are wide with pure fear. "I-I-"

     "You're one of us!" You whisper shout. "Oh my god you're one of us. Is Shane?" You quickly question.

     "Yuh-yes." Ryland responds. "Mine is plants as you can tell. I can make plants grow and make them become really big and stuff like that."

     "What's Shane's?" You sit beside Ryland now.

     "Lightning. He can shock people and do cool stuff like that." Ryland answers.

     "That is cool. Mine is ice." You say.

     "You said 'us' as in there are more of us who you must know." Ryland raises an eyebrow. "Who are the others?"

     "More like who is he. And you know who he is. It's-" You break off not sure if you should tell him.

     "Looks like I don't have to save you anymore." Shane laughs, saving you. "I was in the bathroom picking my ass, what'd I miss." Both Ryland and you cringe visibly.

     "We were just talking." You shrug. "You never told me you had the gift of lightning. I have the gift of ice by the way." You say, trying to keep your cool.

     "You know?" Shane sends a look at Ryland. "I was able to escape with my mother. We got very lucky." Shane tells you.

     "I wasn't so lucky. I managed to escape, loosing both parents." You tell Shane an Ryland.

     "This is some Eleven shit right here." Ryland says, trying to lighten the mood.

     "That's one of the reasons I like the show, I can relate to her."  You look down at your fiddling hands.

     "I don't watch the show for that reason." Shane comes to sit in between you and Ryland.

     "Ry and I have our reasons and you have yours." You comment. Uno comes to join the party. He goes up to Ryland and sits at his feet.

     "I just like the show." Ryland puts his hands up. He reaches down to pet behind Uno's ear.

     "I love your dog, Shane. If I weren't here all the time I would steal him." You laugh lightly.

     "You wouldn't." Ryland mock glares at you.

     "No thievery in this house! The queen demands it!" Shane orders in his queen voice.

     "Yes, your majesty. Also, can I use your comuter because I really need to upload to my channel. And maybe can we do a collab? My subs want more Shane." You pull up your phone to show Shane all the comments saying they want him on the channel.

     "Sure. But for the video, in return you must take me to Chipotle." Shane sticks his nose in the air and walks away.

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating for almost two weeks now! I've been focusing more on my other story, so don't forget to go and check that out! It is called The Girl in the Gang. Also, Merry Christmas!