You're Beautiful

Third P.O.V

Joey walks back to the table you were sitting at and put the tray down. You grab the cappuccino and you see a heart shape formed by the cream. You smile lightly and look up at Joey. Joey's eyes meet with yours and he smiles.

You take a sip of the coffee, it tastes delicious. "Thank you, Joey." You say. "No problem." He shrugs.

You reach to grab a napkin and he does too. Your hands touch and you feels tingles shoot through your hand. He quickly retracts his hand and apologizes. "It's okay." You blush furiously and grab the napkin. Joey's cheeks have a pink tint to them but there was no way he was is as dark as you.

You felt his warm hands. Warmer than a normal person's. Maybe just from the hot coffee?

You rip off pieces of your croissant and eat it. "So, do you have any siblings?" You ask, trying to break the awkward silence. "Yes actually. A brother and a sister." Joey smiles at the thought of his siblings. "Do you?"

"No I don't." You answer and take a sip of the latte. "Oh. I don't know if that's sad or not." Joey shrugs. "I say not." You blurt out before thinking. Your mouth talked before your brain could filter what you were saying. But what has been said was the raw truth. Who would want to go through the stuff you had to for you to obtain your powers.

"Why do you say that?" Joey tilts his head causing his perfect hair to move a bit. "I, uh, guess I just don't want other people to go through the things I did..." You say quickly and Joey's face becomes sad.

"Oh I'm so sorry. If you need to talk I'm here." Joey put his hand on yours. "It-it's okay." You blush look at your hands on the table. His warm touch against your cool hand. He took notice of this and began to blush.

"I'm sorry, Y/n. I wasn't thinking." He remove his hand from over yours. You feel a bit sad without his hand over yours. You miss it.

Stupid!

You hiss at yourself in your head.

"It's okay Joey." You smile and him.

You both finish your coffee and food. You learn more about each other. You usually don't tell people about yourself this early but you feel comfortable with Joey. You don't know what it is but your gut feeling is usually right. You are still cautious and avoiding too personal of questions. Besides, if Shane can trust him that has to say something. Right?

You both walk a few blocks to get to the Walk of Fame. You look at the stars that lay out in front of you scattered on the side walk.

"Wouldn't it be amazing to get your name on on of these?" Joey smiles. "Ya it would be. But I'm not sure how I would feel about people walking all over it." I answer. "True, true." Joey says.

You two walk along the walk of fame stopping to look at certain ones. You look around for one particular one for a while before finally finding it.

"Found it!" You exclaim and joey comes up behind you. "Marilyn Monroe, hey?" Joey asks. "Yeah, she's my queen. I wish I could be as pretty as her." You laugh lightly. "You're beautiful Y/n." Joey turns you around to look at him.