If You Need Anything

Third P.O.V

"They're enough. We will train and maybe even find more like us... Imagine how powerful we could be if we have an army." Joey faces you and puts his hand on yours. You both look down at your hands and blush.

     "But how will we find others like us? How will we know they have... Powers?" You say, the last word just barely above a whisper. "We will just know. We will have to rally pay attention to their behaviours." Joey's voice is full of hope and there is no way you could turn him down. "I guess. We should start looking as soon as possible." You nod.

You look at your phone and read the time. 9:45. "It's getting late Joey," you say. "I should go." You start to get up. Joey grabs your wrist again, lighter than the last and stole you.

     "You can stay as my place if you'd like. No one likes to drive in the dark." Joey shuggests, tripping over his own words. "Um-uh ya sure. I'll sleep on the couch, unless you have a spare room, or I'll sleep on the floor, it doesn't really matter..." You trail off. "I'm rambling, I'm sorry." You blush and look down.

"She's so cute when she blushes." Joey thinks and his cheeks flush even more than before. "You can sleep in the spare room if you'd like. It has a queen bed and I bet that's a lot better than my couch." Joey smiles. "Yeah, that'd be great. Thanks Joey." You smile back.

"Um.. so where is this room?" You ask. "Oh ya! Sorry about that. I'll show it to you, it's down the hall from my room." Joey gets up and you both walk upstairs. He walks down the hallway and points to a door.

     "This is my room. Let me get something, I'll be right back." Joey says and walks into the room. He comes back out with a blue wad of cloth in his hand.

      "Here's a t-shirt so you don't have to sleep in the same clothes. Don't worry it's clean." Joey smiles. "If you need anything I'll be in there. And your room is three doors down on the left. There's a bathroom connected to it."

       "Thanks, Joey." You smile at him and make eye contact.

There was that feeling again. That beautiful, scary feeling. You don't know what it is but it makes you feel funny inside. The feeling where butterflies explode in your stomach.

     "No problem." Joey answers

   You walk away to the room he told you. You open the door and it gives way to a comfortable and smallish room. The bed has two plush, magenta pillows and a deep purple comforter. You slip into Joey's shirt and notice it smells like him. Like a good smelling soap and something like delicious candy or vanilla. You try not to smell the sure to much, thinking it'd be weird. Quickly you pull back the comforter and go into bed. The soft purple sheet and the comforter made you able to get comfy quickly. You were soon asleep.

     In your dream you were walking down an alleyway. It was dark and there was no moon, just the faint flicker of a nearby street lamp. The ally smells musty and it was deserted.

     The light from the street lamp only cast a bit of light onto the wall on your right. You faced towards a dead end. The walls that were surrounding you were all brick. There was an overflowing dumpster. Even in your dream world you don't know why you were there or how you got there.

     The sound of voices came from outside the ally way, coming from the main road. It sounds like they were far away. Just close enough to hear them . It sounds like there are three people. A girl and two boys. More like men and a woman.

     You see their outlines turn the corner and you react by ducking behind the dumpster. The smell burn your nose and they walk closer.

     "Hmm." The man on the woman's left says. "She's not here, Nan." An older mans voice says. Not elderly but older. "I see that. Search for her." The woman-Nan sounds more elderly.

     The men start to kick over bags of garbage and look around the ally. They keep getting closer and closer...

     The younger man's eyes shone like a cats. Amber and clever. He came closer and closer. You were shivering like a scared mouse. He's the cat hunting the mouse. He locks eyes with you and smirks. You try to hide more but you can't, he's already found you.

     "Got you." He says and pounces, literally growing claws.