Training

YOUR P.O.V

We pull into a turn around in practically the middle of no where for what we are used to. Trees surrounding us and a light breeze complimenting the warm day perfectly.

"We are here." Joey looks over and smiles, making butterflies explode in my stomach. I don't know why but I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. "Sweet." I manage to rip my eyes off him.

I step out of the truck and so does Joey and we walk onto a trail. "Let's go to the creek and practice there so you can practice your freezing and I can put out any fires." Joey wiggles his fingers.

"Sounds good to me." I wink, trying to get a blush out of Joey. I groan lowly when I see no reactions from Joey except a wink back.

The breeze moves my hair across my face and into my mouth. I sputter and spit to get the hair out of my mouth. "Having problems?" Joey laughs.

"Oh shut up, Joseph." I blush. "You don't get the struggles of having y/h/l hair." I glare playfully. "Well I have longish hair on the top of my head." Joey shrugs. "We are almost at the creek."

The dirt and rocks crackle under our feet and the branches from the needle and leafy trees block some of the sun. We continue to walk, making short talk for about five more minutes before we start hearing the sound of a stream. We quicken our pace and reach the creek. The water glides over the smooth rocks. It's not very deep but it's about four feet wide. Moss and dirt cover the ground. It's about as close to nature and alone you can get in California.

"It's so... Peaceful." I continue to look around in awe.

"It is," Joey says. "What do you want to practice first?" Joey asks and leans against a thick tree.

"I think we should start with freezing and melting." I suggest.

"Sounds good to me." Joey answers. He grabs a dry leaf off the ground and I can see the crease lines in his forehead as he concentrates. The leaf suddenly burst into flames and Joey jumps back shaking the leaf out of his hand.

"Scared yourself?" I laugh. "Don't laugh at me!" Joey says in a high pitched, embarrassed voice. "I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you." I smirk. "Ya whatever." Joey rolls his eyes and starts laughing too.

"Get to freezing then." Joey nods towards the creek after we stop our laughing fit over basically nothing. I look over at the smooth running water and point a finger at it. I try to will it to freeze but nothing happens. I hear a low laugh come from Joey and growl.

"It's not funny! I was just trying to do something new." I hiss and walk up the the creek this time. Instead, I whip around and shoot a dagger of ice at Joey's sleeve and it pins the sleeve of his sweater against the pine behind him.

"Not cool." Joey narrows his eyes but he can't keep the smile from spreading across his lips. "This is a new sweater you know."

"It actually is cool." I walk up to him, a little more sway in my hips. He eyes you up and down, a smirk replacing the smile. He touches his hand to the sharp piece of ice and melts it. Without another word he grabs me by the sleeves of my sweater and pushes me up against a thick tree. Tingles explode throughout my body and I can tell Joey feels it too.

THIRD P.O.V

Joey's face is only about two inches away from yours. You can feel him warm breath fan across your face. You don't break eye contact. Joey cups your face with his hand, still holding you against the tree. Instead of holding your arm his hands moves down to your waist. With the intensity of the moment you can feel the heat from his hand on your face.

"You're beautiful." Joey breathes. Tingles. Everywhere. All of a sudden he's leaning in. Closer, and closer. Almost no space left between the two of you. He looks to your lips then to your eyes like asking permission to kiss you.

You stand on your toes and your lips meet. Electricity shoots through you. The heat from his lips meet the cold of yours. The kiss was light and soft, you pull away slightly and make eye contact with his lovely eyes. Suddenly, you're kissing him again.

You move your hands up to his hair and play with it. Both of his hands are now on your hips, pulling you closer to him. It's like you couldn't be close enough to him. The intensity of this kiss is so much more than the last.

It's over to soon. He pulls away and smirks, still holding you. "That, was unexpected." Joey chuckles.

"Yeah. It was... nice." You say, your eyes wide but a smile playing across your lips.

"Yeah," Joey breaks off and you both get lost in each other's eyes. "We-uh should get back to training."

"Oh we should, shouldn't we?" You giggle and moves out of his calming grasp. "You should play a bit more with your fire skills. I think there's something you can do and just haven't done yet."

"I don't know, I'll try and find out what that may be." Joey answers. He puts his right hand out and a focused look appears on his face. You look where his gaze is fixed and find a large-for-a-stick stick. Nothing happens. This time, he walks up to the stick and places his hand on it. It bursts into flames leaving nothing but ash in seconds.

     "Wow," you breathe.

"I've never had a chance to practice with my powers." Joey says. "I was taken from the lab when I was young. Almost to young to remember one might think, but I remember it like it was yesterday. I was five."

     The memory hit you in the head like a bullet.

"You're my most successful subject beside Joey."

"Oh Joey! He mentioned you. The... Doctor. He called you his most successful subject. You must be really powerful. Things that you can do that you didn't even know of!" You yell, half in excitement and half in despair.

"He mentioned me?" Joey turned to you, an eyebrow raised. "He mentioned you too. He told me the same thing he told you but about you instead. He told me he had to kill your mother. I can remember it all now. I can't believe I forgot." Joey finishes.

"I-i didn't know he told anyone about my mother." Your voice fades.

"He told me in attempt to scare me to stay at the lab. I was right by the door... So close. With both my parents gone I felt like I had to leave." Joey's voice was filled with sadness.

You walk up to him and hug him. "He let me go...." You say, "he let me out on day, when I was fifteen. After all the torture and experiments. He let me out of my cell. I took all of them out. The guards, the gates, everyone in my way. I don't remember it. I ran into the city and began the life I have now."

"I'm sorry. I wouldn't be able to make it that long. At least you got more training then I." Joey says, trying to find a bright side. Your eyes meet his and you don't break the gaze.

"I'm a bit rusty but I know a few tricks." You smirk and kiss him.

"We are going to survive. For people who suffered like us and got lucky enough to escape and for the people still suffering in that hellhole and for those who have died in it." Joey states.

A/n

I'm really sorry for not updating in a while I have been really busy with my schoolwork and it's been stressful.