Its a Date!

JOEYS P.O.V

"It's a date," I read the text. A smile spreads across my lips and I text back. "What are you doing Joey?" I whisper to myself. My body fills with nerves and my hands heat up. I immediately get up and calm myself down. For the rest of the night I record myself gaming and try to keep my mind off of Y/n. It's harder than it seems.

Your P.O.V

I finished up editing then get ready for bed. I lay in bed and my mind goes to Joey. His hair, his eyes, oh his eyes! "Y/n! You can't have a crush on him!" I mentally tell myself. I lay in bed and stare at the ceiling until I finally drift off.

I look over at Joey who is walking beside me on the streets of LA. We get lost in each other's eyes. Everyone around us keeps walking but I don't notice them. Just how I don't notice the guy behind me has a gun to my head until Joey's eyes widen in panic.

"Come with me or you die!" A masculine voice yells behind me. "What do you want?" I panic and the ground beneath me starts to turn to ice. "She's the right one." The guy says into a walkie-talkie. "You're coming with me." He says as if it's already decided.

"No! Joey help! Please!" I plead. "Yuh-you're a freak. You have powers." Joey's eyes are wide with shock. "I won't help you." Joey refuses. "Joey!" I yell and the guy drags me. I try to freeze the guy but he seems to be immune to the cold. Maybe he's a freak too?

I get gagged and I feel the gun press against my head. People just stare as I'm dragged across the pavement, leaving a trail of ice and snow. I'm dragged into the darkness and I hear a loud bang go off and I scream.

"No!" I wake up yelling. I could feel the cold sweat on my back and forehead. My alarm goes off, snapping me back to reality. 11:00 am I read the clock on my nightstand. I let out a sigh of relief. It was just a dream, thank god.

I rub my forehead and process my dream. I get up and take a shower. The warm water cascading down my back felt soothing. When I got out of the shower and finished my morning routine I go into the kitchen and make myself coffee. I hear my phone buzz indicating that I have a text.

Joey😊: Let's go get coffee in Hollywood. How does a walk on the Walk of Fame sound?

Me: It sounds great! Where do you want to meet?

I cringe at what his name is. How tired was I last night? I quickly change it to just Joey. I also stop mid coffee making. I don't need to overdose on caffeine.

Joey: I'll pick you up. What's your adress?

Me: Floor two apartment room 204. You really don't have to though, Joey.

I also give him the name of the apartment building I live in. They aren't huge but they're pretty good.

Joey: I know but I want to. I'll be there soon. Be ready!

Me: Ok Mr. Graceffa!

I look down at my outfit. A halter crop top, burgundy ripped jeans and my nudish pink lipstick. I shrug. "It'll work." I think out loud.

     I put on one of my few pairs of shoes

I put on one of my few pairs of shoes. A pair of black lace up heels and I sit on the couch and wait for Joey.

JOEY'S P.O.V

I am so nervous. Its not even a date. We are just hanging out. But something about her makes me nervous in a good way. She's so pretty. Her e/c eyes are mesmerizing.

I pull up and her building and walk in. A woman who sits at a desk asks me what I am doing.

"I'm going up to see Y/f/n." I smile lightly. "Ok you can go up." She waves at me and unlocks the door by pressing a button. Must be one if the doors Thats only locked on one side. She looks back at her book. I look at what she's reading and it turns out to be The Hunger Games.

"I love that book." I say then turn and walk through the door. I find Y/n's apartment number and lightly knock.

Your P.O.V

I hear a light knock on the door.

Must be Joey.

I think. I get up and open the door. I see Joey and he smiles. I smile back.

"Shall we go." Joey steps out of the way. "We shall." I smile and grab my simple black purse and keys. I lock up and follow Joey.

He's so ho- no! You don't like him, remember. But he looks so good in his dark blue t-shirt that fits his body perfectly.

"Y/n?" Joey snaps your attention back to reality. "Uh, yeah." Your cheeks turn a light pink.

"I was just wondering if you have or well had any pets?" Joey asks. "Oh, um yeah I have a dog. Well had maybe? Hes a maremma." I say. "Had?" Joey questions. "Well he lives with my parents in Canada." I look at him. "Wow Canada? Where in Canada?" Joey opens the passenger door for me. "London, Ontario." I get in and thank him.

Joey walks to the other side and gets in. "Oh Ontario. Thats far. Whats the dog's name?" Joey turns on the nice silver car. "Mack." I smile sadly, missing my dog. (I actually used to have a maremma named Mack)

"Well I have three dogs. Lark, the youngest, Wolfe is the oldest, and then theres Storm." Joey laughs, trying to lighten the mood. "Ah, the middle child." I laugh and Joey laughs with me.

We continue to drive in silence for the rest of the way. But not an uncomfortable silence. For some reason I feel comfortable and safe with him. It's very, very unusual for me to feel that way with someone. Pretty much the only other person I feel like that with is my best friend, Shane.

"We are here." Joey says while parallel parking by a beautiful coffee shop. We walk into the store. There weren't many people. The lights were hanging from the ceiling and the whole place has a vintage vibe.

     "Let's sit," Joey pulls out a chair for me at a table by the window. I sit down and thank him. "I'll order, what do you want?" Joey asks me. I look over and see a glass display with chocolate croissants.

     "A chocolate croissant and a latte." I say and take fifteen dollars out of my purse. "I'll pay." Joey says. "No, I got it." I refuse and try to hand him the bills. "Y/n. Don't worry about it." Joey insists. I reluctantly put the money back, guiltily knowing I didn't really want to pay anyways.

     What? I'm cheap. Though, I will pay next time. I don't want him paying all the time. I'm broke but I have money.

    "I'll be back." Joey flashes me a smile.

     JOEY'S P.O.V

I walk over to the cash register and stand in the short line. I look over at Y/n and see her looking at her phone. God, she's pretty. Her h/c hair, sparkling eyes..

     "Sir?" Someone says insistingly. "Oh, yeah. Can I get a latte with a heart design and a chocolate croissant. Also can I get a cappuccino and an avocado toast?" I order. The cashier kind of stares at me. Her red hair is in a bun and freckles are scattered on her face.

     "That'll be $16.50." The cashier smiles at me. "Who ya here with?" She asks. "Um, my girlfriend." I nod towards you, slightly blushing at referring to you as his girlfriend. "The one on her phone?" The girl, I look at her name tag, Christine, says. "Yep." I nod. "You can do much better than that." Christine smiles at me and puts my order on a tray. "Like me." She winks. "No thanks!" I say, my hands warming up as I get annoyed. I quickly walk away with the tray to the table.