20 - Three Words

Eileen

Eileen

The bed shifted and a familiar arm surrounded me. I was too afraid to open my eyes and realize it was all dream. But when his lips touched the nape of my neck and his fingers intertwined my own, I knew it had to be real.

"You're back," I said, my voice laced with sleep. "What time is it?"

"2 a.m." Alex sighed before kissing me again. "How are you feeling?"

"I thought you didn't want to see me."

We laid in silence for a long time. I could tell that he was probably as overwhelmed with everything he had learned about me. Somehow, it seemed as if my pain had lessened though. Now that I was no longer hiding my past from him my load felt lighter.

I could finally breathe.

"I talked to your father," he murmured. Alex knew I wasn't going to reply anything, so he continued speaking. "The hacking... It was Gerald. That's how he found your phone number and was able to call you, and more than likely also now has your address. You can't go back to your apartment."

My eyes closed and I nodded in agreement. We were no where near ready to move in together, but I wasn't afraid of being with him. Not anymore.

"Did he say anything else? How did you find him?" 

Alex hesitated for a moment, then decided he'd speak. "Marty gave me his phone number. Well, Raymond will be here tomorrow. He wants to help us, Eileen. Given the fact that we can't really go to the cops he wants to give us the information that he can. He said he could speak with someone named Nicole, I believe."

"He's still in contact with her?" I asked. Nicole and my dad had been close for a long time. For a while I even suspected that he'd started a relationship with her after my mom left us. I liked her. Maybe I should have turned to her for help.

"Yes. He said that she's the one that was able to help him find you. He also said that it was probably someone from the tech department that helped Gerald hack into the system since he;s still in contact with a couple of officers. He mentioned that he tried to bring up the subject with the police department but they don't want a scandal. It seems he wants to help, Eileen, but only if you allow it. If you don't want him to then I wont let him intervene, but then I assure that Lucas and I will find that fucker and kill him."

"You wouldn't do that," I said quietly.

"You're right. First I'd torture the living shit out of him, then I'd probably get someone to do to him what he did to you, until he eventually dies."

I remained quiet, letting his words sink in. I wasn't sure if Alex had always been this vengeful or if learning what happened to me brought this part of him out. 

"I don't want you getting your hands dirty."

"For you I wouldn't mind," he said.

The gentle patterns that he traced on my skin proved to be soothing. Before he arrived I had already started to think where I could go. I didn't think he would want me anymore. The way he was holding me erased any doubt in my mind; he wanted me as close to him as I needed him.