2 | The Passing Of Time

Yoongi hummed along to the music playing in his ears as he made his way to the local shop

Yoongi hummed along to the music playing in his ears as he made his way to the local shop. Leaves crunched beneath his feet, the cool breeze stung his cheeks, leaving them with a dusting of red and he buried deeper into his scarf. His eyes stared straight ahead and were focused on a dream far away.

A dream that was broken and struggling to put themselves back together again - their efforts fruitless. Footprints stained them, leftover by the girl who trampled on them when she left. She was the one who got away, the one who left and the one who took his heart with her departure.

For a couple of years after she left to start her music career, they would text and call each other, but over time the phone stopped ringing and the texts would stop being sent. Their communication dwindled until, like a candle, it was snuffed out.

Though she was truly never gone; nearly every music shop in town displayed her poster and promoted her albums. Music channels would play her MVs and her songs were played on the radio. He couldn't escape from her and so thoughts of her were constantly niggling at the back of his mind, never quite going away. Not that he ever wanted her to go away. He needed the memories they made together to stay forever, and he hoped that one day she would return to this town and back to him.

The bell above the door rang out as he crossed the threshold and went into the shop. He only had to get a few things, like food and other essentials, so he wasn't planning to be there for long.

He stopped at the aisle he needed and went to get what he required, when he saw the female next to him struggling to grab something from a shelf that was out of reach. He moved closer to her and then cleared his throat. "Do you need some help?"

The girl started at the sound of his voice and turned her head, her eyes widened when she saw his face. "Y-Yoongi." Her voice blended with his as he said her name, the one that hadn't left his lips in so long - too long.

"Seung..."