No Answers

(Hey, it's me again! :D I mean obviously it is... but still. Welcome to part 18! Wow, this book is long. Sorry this one's out a little late, I've been kind of low on inspiration lately -_-)

*Aphmau's POV

Aaron just texted me and he landed! I'm so excited to see him again and I can barely wait. I know I still have to do my part and get out of this building, but that should be easy. With Ein trapped, even momentarily, and with Vlyad for help, this should be simple. All I have to do is find out how I got in, and then I can get out!

"So how did this airplane even get inside this building?" I asked Vlyad curiously. 

"Well, behind the plane there is a door that opens up with a remote, which I have with me. It's supposed to blend in with the rest of the place when it's closed up," Vlyad explained. 

"So you can open it and get us out then?" I assumed.

"I could, but if I got caught, I would definitely lose my job forever," Vlyad stated. 

"So we don't get caught. Simple," I assured him. 

"Easier said than done, Aphmau," He replied.

"Maybe, but I think we can do it," I promised. 

"We should probably make sure Ein is secured before we leave though, for starters," Vlyad suggested. 

"Right," I agreed. I looked around the corner at the table, and it was empty! I didn't hear a sound from it, but Ein had escaped somehow!

"Vlyad! He's gone! We were only talking for a few minutes, and he's gone!" I exclaimed.

"What?! We need to start looking for him, from what I know, this plane is the only way out, so he's here somewhere. I just don't know where" Vlyad commented. 

"We have to start looking, but can you somehow lock the door to this plane so he can't leave?" I asked. 

"Sure, I'll lock it down, you start looking, okay?" Vlyad decided. 

"Got it."

I started by checking the three rooms, all of them were offices, and all were identical. Super strange, but none of them contained Ein, so none were important. I locked the doors to all the rooms and closed them from the outside. Three rooms, check. 

Then I looked around the dark area with a flashlight until I realized that there was a switch right next to Ein's laptop. Seems promising enough, so I flicked it, and fortunately, the whole building lit up. It seemed to be a huge warehouse, all the walls were half painted, and everything was unfinished. I wondered why Ein brought me here? 

But I still didn't know where he was. I didn't see him anywhere in the main room of the warehouse. 

I was still looking around when all of a sudden, the whole building began to shake, Slightly at first, then getting more and more violent until I was practically being thrashed around everywhere. The beams in the warehouse began to crack and fall, and I was extremely terrified. 

I was so in shock I couldn't do anything, But luckily, I wasn' alone and soon, Vlyad came racing out of the jet. He sprinted over to me, grabbed my hand, and without a  word, we raced back inside the jet.

*Aaron's POV

After a long travel and a bit of rest, we all headed out and eventually made it to Aphmau's location. Or at least, I thought we did...?

"Is this right, Kawaii~Chan? I don't see any sort of building, and from what Aph has told me, it's supposed to be huge!" I explained. 

"Yes! Kawaii~Chan is sure this is the right spot," Kawaii~Chan wrinkled her eyebrows in confusion. 

"Yeah, this is exactly where your phone says she is," Melissa agreed. 

"Then why is nothing-" I stopped speaking because as soon as I looked up, I saw a black jet fly out of thin air. No kidding. 

"What the heck?" Melissa shouted over the buzzing of the plane. 

"You guys see it too?" Kawaii~Chan asked.

"Yeah! Super weird! Just appeared out of nothing!" I said.

We all just stood in awe. until we realized that we were standing on a runway. Oops! 

"Guys, watch out!" I shrieked. I grabbed Kawaii~Chan and Melissa by the hands, and we ran out of the way as the jet rushed towards us. It barely missed us. 

I tried looking inside, but the windows were tinted. Ugh.

The side door opened, and a young woman stepped out. Wait, not just any young woman, Aphmau! 

Without questions, we ran up to each other and I welcomed her wholeheartedly into an embrace. Completely ignoring everyone else. we just stood there for a minute or two, holding each other. I could practically see Kawaii~Chan exploding, but I tried not to worry about it. 

"Never disappear like that again, you hear me?" I whispered to her.

"I won't."

I let her go, still grasping her hand tightly, and looked up to see the pilot get out of the jet.

"You remember Vlyad, right? I would probably be dead if it weren't for him," Aphmau state plainly. 

"Really? I owe you one, Vlyad. Thank you," I shook his hand. It was really proper, but I thought it was appropriate. 

"Don't mention it," He replied. 

"I guess the earthquake is over, that was quite a crazy one, huh Aaron?" Aphmau asked me.

"What earthquake I didn't feel anything..?" I said.

"What do you mean? There was just a crazy earthquake! The whole building came crashing down!" Vlyad added. 

"What building?!" Kawaii~Chan questioned. 

"That one, duh!" Aphmau said, pointing to the landscape in front of us.

"Huh? There's nothing there! The warehouse is gone!!" Aphmau exclaimed. 

"But we were just in it!" Vlyad said.

Just as we all began looking at the empty space, something began to appear. There was a bunch of rubble and some broken beams. It seemed to be the remnants of whatever building they were talking about.

"There it is," Aphmau sighed.

"What happened to Ein?" Vlyad queried.

"How did we not see the building before?" I asked. 

"Why can we see it now?" Melissa wondered aloud.

"Why couldn't we feel the earthquake out here?" Kawaii~Chan inquired.

"So many questions," Aphmau started.

"But no answers," I concluded. 

(Thanks for reading you guys! Sorry if I don't post every four days, but that is my mental goal. Just so you can have an idea of when the next part is coming out.)