They Don't Know

(Hey welcome back fam! So I'm not really sure where I'm going with this one and some of the facts about how much knowledge Katelyn has about Aaron and Aphmau could be inaccurate but... whatever, it's a fanfiction so, just read along! ;)

"Where do you think we should start to try to locate him?" Aphmau asked Aaron, speaking of Ein.

"I'm not sure. I think the easiest way would be to find out more about the companions he was traveling with when I saw him last, that could give us a lead. I don't know much about them but my par- I mean... my mom seems to know something at least." Aaron explained. 

Aphmau rubbed Aaron's shoulders and sighed. 

"We should probably take a break from all this. It's a little much, don't you think?" Aphmau suggested.

"Yeah, you're right. This is important, but we don't want to get too stressed out," Aaron agreed.

*the doorbell rings

"I'll get it this time," Aaron said. 

He walks downstairs and opens the door, Aphmau slowly lagging behind him. He opened the door and is greeted by a punch. 

"Ahh! Ouch," Aaron groaned. 

"Oh no! Aaron? I'm so sorry! Are you okay? I totally forgot you were here, that punch was completely meant for Aph," the person explained apologetically. 

"How does that make it any better?!" Aaron asks, now realizing that the figure at the door was Katelyn. No wonder, he thought, that was a powerful punch!

"I've texted her about 50 million times, called her a bunch, and haven't gotten a SINGLE reply. What the heck?!" Katelyn grumbles, "Where is she anyway?" she looked around.

Then a thought dawned on Aaron, he rapidly turned to Aphmau and blocked Katelyn's view from her. 

"APH! IT'S KATELYN!! PUT YOUR *COUGH* EARS *COUGH* AWAY!" Aaron whisper shouted. 

"What in the world, Aaron, move please!" Katelyn whined. 

Aph panicked and quickly tucked her ears and tail away. 

"H-Hey, Katelyn! Come on in!" Aphmau chuckled nervously, hoping that Katelyn wasn't getting suspicious, "and please don't punch me!" 

"Hmph, you're lucky I took out all my power on Aaron on accident. I'll need to recharge," Katelyn stated. 

Katelyn and Aphmau sat down at the dining table and Aaron went to go grab snacks. 

"So, Aphmau. WHY HAVE YOU BEEN IGNORING ME?!?!?!??" Katelyn yelled. 

"Calm down! I've just been um, super busy, yeah that's all." Aphmau said, which wasn't a total lie. Sure there were more specific reasons that she was busy, but she wasn't sure if Aaron was quite ready to tell Katelyn about the whole Ultima thing yet, so she stayed quiet. 

"Right, right. Uh huh. Fine, I'll let it go. But I do want to talk some more, what have you been up to anyway?" Katelyn asked. 

"Just typical vacation stuff, you know-" at this point Aph was cut off by Katelyn, who had gasped audibly and was now staring in admiration and in worry at something Aphmau wasn't sure about yet. 

"What?" Aphmau questioned. 

"Y-Your hand," Katelyn nearly whispered. 

Aphmau looked down and saw nothing but her sparkly ring. Wait! The ring! Katelyn had no idea that she and Aaron were engaged, how exciting!

"Don't tell me that's a- a wedding ring?!?" Katelyn exclaimed. 

"I totally forgot that we haven't told you yet! Aaron and I got engaged a while ago!" Aphmau smiled. 

"You got ENGAGED and you didn't tell me!?? CONGRATULATIONS! I hate you for not telling me, but CONGRATS!!!!" Katelyn smiled delightfully.

"So, Aaron and I are getting married, and I couldn't be happier, but now I got to ask you somethin'." Aph said, "How's your love life going?"

"M-my love life?" Katelyn sighed. 

"Yeeeeahhh," Aph smirked, "Like how are things goin' with Travis, huh? Huuuuh?" 

"Well, we're going on our first da-" Katelyn just then remembered that Aphmau still thought that they had been dating for a long time now, oops! 

"I mean date. Just a date. We're going on a date, a normal old date, yup." Katelyn covered for herself. 

"Cool! So you really like him then?" Aphmau checked. 

"Yes. I really do." Katelyn admitted, but not to cover for herself. This time, she was being completely honest. She had had some time to think about it, and she realized that all this time, the one that had always been there for her, the person she really had feelings for, was Travis. It had always been Travis. 

"Hehehe~" Aph chuckled. 

"Oh my gosh, I just realized our date is happening in 15 minutes! I got to go but, save whatever snack Aaron's making for us, he's an AMAZING cook, I'll come grab it later, bye love you!" Katelyn shouted as she ran out the door. 

"L-love you?" Aph said, just as the door closed behind Katelyn. 

"I'm back with the snacks!" Aaron proclaimed proudly a minute later. He waltzed in with a plate of some sort of mini sandwiches.

"Oh. My. Gosh. They're adorable!" Aphmau quickly grabbed one off the plate and took a bite, "Mmm, and delicious! Thanks, Aaron!" 

"Where did Katelyn go?" Aaron frowned. 

"Aww, were you looking forward to impressing her with your cooking skills?" Aphmau giggled. 

"Y-yeah..." Aaron blushed, "But, whatever. As long as you enjoy them."

"You're so cute," Aph stated, "But, she had to go to her date with Travis. It seems that their relationship is going well, and I'm so happy for her!"

"Ooh, speaking of relationships, did she see your ring?" Aaron asked curiously. 

"Yeah, about halfway through the conversation, she was so shocked, heh. I totally forgot that we hadn't told Katelyn or Travis yet." Aphmau admitted. 

"There is a lot we haven't told them, and heck, everyone back home." Aaron reminded Aphmau.

"That's right. Wow, there's so much that they don't know." Aphmau said. 

(Yay another part, done! I hope you enjoyed! I wanted to add in some Travlyn, so there it is. Please comment any suggestions you have for me, or just any other thoughts, it really helps me improve the story, thanks! :)