33: Back To Work

Catherine groaned as Finn got up, "Babe, we've got to go.", she huffed and rolled over onto her stomach and put the blankets over her head, "Hmm.", Finn raised an eyebrow and laid on top of her, "This isn't going to make me move.", he moved his hands and started tickling her sides and she started laughing and he smirked as she tried to roll over and get him off of her, "God, you're heavy. Dead weight.", he laughed and she managed to roll over and now Finn was under the blanket and she was on top. She sat up and got up before she tossed a pillow and hit him. "Jeez, Finn, you lazy bum, we should have been up 10 minutes ago.", he laughed and she smiled as she went downstairs. She was getting anxious for her friends in LA, the fire was massive. She and Finn lived about 3 hours away from the fire so it wasn't too close but it still worried her. She went into the laundry room and got the laundry out and began sorting it all.

Catherine was tired, she had a match yesterday against some of the other girls and she had taken a beating. She was sore and had a bruise from hitting the barricade too hard and she was exhausted because their flight had gotten delayed and they had rushed around for the last three hours. She huffed and laid face down on the bed and Finn chuckled, "Catherine, love, it isn't that bad.", she turned her head, "I know. That flight was worrying me though. I thought we were going to have to call Steph and have her change the card.", Finn chuckled and laid down beside her. They were in matching sweats and t-shirts and her hair was pulled into a bun. "Cuddle me.", and he chuckled but did as she asked, moving her shirt to see the bruise, "That's pretty bad, Cat.", she shrugged, "It happens. It's part of the job. Next week Vina will be with us and I honestly can't wait. Our bus has been remodelled and is ready for pick up on Friday.", Finn chuckled, "So, any rules?", she shook her head, "It's been reserved only for us. We found a good driver, he doesn't ask for much pay. The only one I can think of is no excessive drinking. I mean, we all live in the same house. We know each other's craps and we have fan that will blow it out. We got a fridge and a tv. WiFi. We got it all.", Finn nodded and kissed the back of her neck and she sighed and closed her eyes, "I love you, Fergel Devitt.", he smiled and closed his eyes, "I love you too, Catherine Hickenbottom.", she smiled and soon the two were asleep.

Monday rolled around and, surprisingly, the two didn't have much to do. Finn had a match with Elias Sampson and Cat was going to be ringside and then the women were going to attack ABSoultion. She also had a promo but that was really it. Stephanie looked a Catherine, "So, how's the bus?", Catherine smiled, "It's insane, Steph. That got everything I wanted done. Vina has her own little corner and stuff. It's so amazing. You don't even understand. I am so happy that she will be back to traveling with us after the whole Bray thing.", Stephanie smiled, "So, how's the shoulder?", Catherine shrugged, "Bruised but fine.", Stephanie nodded as they walked down the hallway, "Well, guess what?", Catherine raised an eyebrow, "You, my little niece, are going to help kick start the evolution of the women's division. We are bringing back the proper mixed tag team matches on Facebook. You and Finn are a team.", they smiled and Catherine hugged her aunt, "This is freaking amazing. You have no idea.", Stephanie smiled as Catherine was so excited. "It's a tournament of twelve teams, 6 from each brand. Two matches aired a week. It will in about three weeks. Work hard.", they nodded and hugged as Stephanie walked away.

The night was over and everyone was okay, no-one had been hurt and that was always a blessing in Cat's eyes. Finn had won and Catherine hadn't caused a distraction or even had to help make it fair. ABSoultion had been beaten up and the girls all felt good. It was a good thing. Things we're changing and things could only go up from here. Catherine knew that if WWE went back to the ages of costume pillow fights and slaps and cries they would lose viewers and possibly even workers. They were going in the right direction and she couldn't wait to see how everything turned out. She was excited to be part of the company and part of the change. She's been with the WWE since she was 11 years old, she's 29 now. She's seen alot and she's been through alot but she wouldn't change anything for the world. Not even her crap marriage that lasted a month. She scoffed to herself as she walked to the hotel room with her candy and drinks. It was movie night for the couple and they were going to watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

They woke up in each other's arms, as always, but something felt different. Catherine grunted and Finn chuckled, he shifted and soon she was pressed against him with her hand and head on his chest. She licked her lips and sighed, "What time is it?", Finn grunted, "Honestly, love, I haven't got a clue.", she sighed and grabbed her phone from the side table and looked at it, "It's 7. Are we going to work out and then breakfast or breakfast and then working out?", Finn sighed, "How about work out, then breakfast, then just spending the day together.", she nodded, "I like the sound of that.", they laid there. "We should probably get up and get changed if we're wanting to work out.", Finn nodded this time and kissed the top of her head. She sighed and rolled over, landing on her feet as she fell off the bed. Finn chuckled and she rolled her eyes, "Don't even say it.", and he erupted into laughter. She disappeared into the bathroom and Finn stood up, getting ready himself. He smiled to himself, "I love you, Catherine.", it was silent for a moment, "I love you too, Fergel.", and he grinned. He had finally gotten the girl.

I'm sorry that this update is so freaking late. Between finals week, I don't want to talk about that, and Christmas my life went chaotic real quick. So, how did everyone's Christmas/holiday go? I hope it went well! Thanks for the support and hopefully this story will keep on trucking, for a few more chapters. I think it's almost the end of Catherine Michaels. She wouldn't have been made possible if not for readers like you.