Chapter 9: A Tough Decision

"I ran from Smackdown, from my problems. I need to face them head on. I am not a weak little girl.", Shane, Aj, and Natalya looked at her, "Cat, you don't have to do this.", she looked at them, "Yes I do. Two weeks, that all I ask. Two nights on Smackdown. I don't even need matches, I just, I have to confront him. We need to speak like adults in front of everyone. Please. I won't cause any problems. Hell, I won't even bring my gear. I'll wear a dress and heels.", Shane looked at the other two, "Fine. Two weeks, two 5 minute segments. That's all you get to talk to him in front of the universe.", Catherine smiled, "Thank you Uncle Shane. Thank you so much.", Shane nodded and they all stood, Cat giving them all hugs, "Good thing I brought my luggage with me. Nattie, might it be alright if I travel with you for this week?", Natalya smiled, "Of course, Nattie and the Little Cat. What an amazing duo.", Cat smiled and giggled, "Very much so.", Shane and Aj smiled and the two girls left, leaving the two mean to pay. "That sneaky little cupcake.", Aj chuckled and the two men paid as the two women made it to Cat's vehicle and drove away to the hotel.

Randy Orton stood in the gym that had been rented for the superstars and he froze when he noticed the familiar brown hair and doe eyes that entered the area. "Cat.", she giggled and Randy caught her in a hug, the bigger man easily picking up her big frame. "What are you doing here?", she smiled, "Well, after some thinking and consideration, I've decided to stop running from my problems. The first one I wish to face is the one that broke me the most.", Randy looked at her, "You are so strong, you are no little cat. You are a lioness.", she smiled, "I had some help regaining my roar.", he smiled at her and she raised an eyebrow, "Well, are we going to spar or not?", Randy laughed and nodded, the two climbing into the ring as the Usos walked in, "Returning to the Smackdown Live ring, Catherine Michaels!", she smiled and rolled her eyes as Jey gave a ring bell and the two friends began wrestling. Naomi, Carmella, Nattie, Aj, and Daniel walking it. Cat had changed her style a bit and everyone could tell. Nearly two years with Dolph and her moves showed it, but it was beginning to change into her familiar style once more. She was Cat Michaels again. She gave a weak sweet chin music and then got Randy in her version of the Black Widow. He grimaced and tapped and she smiled, "Your winner by tap out, Catherine Michaels.", she giggled and sat down on the edge of the ring, her feet hanging. "Hello, I've missed you all.", the door opened and she glanced up, it was Dolph Ziggler. He looked up and his eyes widened, a breath passing his lips, "Cat.", she glanced down, brushing a piece of hair behind her ear, her hair had grown out again, it was also a slightly lighter shade than when he last saw her, "Hello, Nick.", she sent him a small smile before she looked at Carmella, "Hey, Mella, are you stretched out? Wanna spar with me?", Carmella nodded and climbed out of the ring, "Cat, I'm so sorry.", she smiled, "It's forgiven, all is behind us.", Carmella smiled and the two listened as Daniel gave a bell ring. The two sparring as Dolph stood confused, she didn't explode or run. She was laughing and smiling as her and Carmella play fought each other, the other women was wearing a smile. They sat down together after Cat won and the group laughed and talked, "Dolph, if you aren't busy, might I have word with you? In private?", he nodded and Randy looked at her, pride in his eyes. They watched as Catherine took a drink of water and Dolph looked at Daniel, "You can work out tomorrow.", Dolph nodded and the two left, both of them with their gym bags.

Catherine and him walked outside in the private park of the hotel, why she decided to use the park he didn't know, but he didn't care. They had juices in their hands and Cat had a a bagel. "Cat, I will never be able to express how truly sorry I am.", she glanced at him, "I forgive you.", he looked at her and they sat on a bench. "What?", she glanced at him, "Nick, we only knew each other 2 weeks before we began dating and then within 10 months we were married. We only truly knew each other for less than 2 years. We rushed it, and I apologise to you because I didn't attempt to slow it down.", she brushed a stray hair behind her ear. "Cat, you don't have to apologize-", she looked at him with a small smile and tears, "No, I do.", she glanced down with a sniffle, "I should have slowed down our relationship, I should have stayed and talked to you one on one. But I ran. I ran with everything. Our relationship, my feelings, everything.", she wiped her cheek as a tear feel, "I ran from my problems instead of confronting them because I was scared of the truth. I ran and tarnished both our names. You were labelled as a lying cheating bastard and I an alcoholic. You were bullied backstage, and none of us deserve that. I am sorry for the pain and suffering I caused you.", he looked at her and turned, on his knees in front of her. "Catherine, I was the reason for our pain and suffering. Not you. I was the cause of the tarnished names and bullying, not you. It is not you who needs to apologize, must me. I am sorry Catherine, for hurting you emotionally and mentally. I am sorry for driving you to alcohol and being unfair and unloyal when I vowed to always be. I am sorry for everything. I am sorry I hurt you so and the tears I have caused. I am sorry for making you feel as if you are alone in the world and no one loves you. Most of all, I am sorry for making you question your faith in God. I hurt in a way I promised to never hurt you, Catherine.", she looked at him, "I forgive you, you need no apologize.", he looked at her and he wanted so badly to place a hand on her cheek and wipe away the stray tear. He sighed and did it, his heart pounding in his chest, "I never deserved you, Catherine Hickenbottom.", she placed her hand on his and gave a soft smile before a figure walked near, "Cat, you have a visitor.", she turned, "Of course.", she looked down at Dolph and gave him a soft kiss on his forehead, "May life treating you well, Nick Nemeth.", before she stood and walked away, Dolph watching as she walked with Adrian Neville. He sighed and glanced down, the feeling of her touching his skin and her lips on his skin lighting the fire in his heart, but he knew better than to try and win her back. She was in a good place at the moment and he didn't want to be the cause of her pain once more. He sighed and sat on the bench thinking about his mistakes when someone sat beside him, "I expected her to yell, cry, and hit me. She apologized for the pain I caused the both of us and she apologized for her not slowing our relationship. She isn't different, no, she's the same.", he turned and stared at the eyes of her best friend, "She was hurt, and very broken. She had help, but she won't fall because she knows her support is always near her. Renee, Dean, Corey, me, Neville, Nattie, Alexa, Nia, her father, Shane, Hunter, Vince, Linda, Steph, Daniel, Brie, Nikki, John, and Finn. Her fans especially. She's strong, but she needed time. She took her time, and she's not okay but she will be.", Dolph nodded and Randy looked at him, "I'm the cause of her and Finn's fight aren't I?", Randy sighed, "Some of it. The other part is that he was a bit rude to her. She's fine though. As you can see. She's forgiving everyone and she's making amends. She's fine, she's grown as a person and it's going to show. Something's will be different but other things won't be. We have no need to worry.", Dolph looked at him, "I know I have no right, but I will always worry about her.", Randy gave him a small smile and lightly Pat his shoulder before standing and walking away, leaving the blonde man to his thoughts.