Chapter 6: Crazy Antics

Catherine had woken up early, going down into the gym for shorter than usual. Seth being inside, "Little Cat, you impressed last night.", she laughed, "I aim to, it's my job.", he smiled and the two hugged, "So, following in Shawn's footsteps?", she sighed, "I just, I couldn't leave her. Seth, you didn't see her.", Seth sat down, "Did you?", Catherine closed her eyes, "Yes, I saw me in her but that it not why I adopted her. I adopted her because she was the first fan, to truly care. She asked about me, Seth, if I was truly okay. She's smart for a 8 year old, smart enough to take the world. I wanted to give her a home, a family, so I did.", he smiled, "A family?", she nodded, "Yes, a mother, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins.", Seth looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "A father?", Catherine glanced down, "I'm scared Seth. I can't go through that pain again.", she started crying and Seth held her, "Hey, hey. Fergal Devitt would never hurt you Catherine, he loves you. He loved you when you were with Neville, he loved you when you were with Dolph, and he loves you now. If he didn't truly love you, then why would he stay?", she had looked up at him and her eyes were wide, "He loves me as a friend Seth.", he chuckled, "Catherine, you didn't even sound convincing to yourself.", she gulped and looked down, "I can't think about-", Seth stopped her, "Catherine, how much of his stuff is at your house?", she stayed silent, "How many times has he been to his own apartment in the last three months?", she closed her eyes, "Who did you look to when adopting Davina first entered your mind? Who has been the father to her?", he looked at her, "Catherine, you and Finn are together without being together officially.", she gulped and stood up, "I need to go get Davina ready, we are driving to California today.", Seth raised an eyebrow, "Are you going to wake up Finn as well?", she looked at him, "Seth, please. Let me do this how I seem fit. I just, I can't okay. I have, I need to, I really need to not focus on my feelings for him right now. I know I care for him and I love him, but I just, I have to focus on me and Davina right now.", Seth looked at her, "Davina sees you and Finn as her parents. Focusing on her, means focusing on him.", she gulped and looked at her phone, "I really need to go, we promised Davina IHop for breakfast.", she rushed out and Seth shook his head, she was so infuriating sometimes.

Catherine ran into the hotel room she was sharing with Finn and Davina, the two sleep on Finn's bed. She gulped and stepped into the bathroom, taking a quick shower. The door opened and closed, Finn's figure being seen through the distorted glass, "How'd your workout go?", she sighed, "Good. How did you sleep?", he brushed his teeth, "Good. Showers, packing, breakfast, and then a long drive right?", she hummed, "6 hours isn't that long of a drive.", he chuckled, "Of course not for us but for Davina.", she nodded and shut off the water, Finn holding out a towel, "We'll just have to keep her entertained, movies and music should do the trick.", she wrapped the towel around her and stepped out, brushing her teeth and blowdrying her hair as Finn stepped into the shower. She laid a towel on the counter for him and exited the bathroom, getting dressed in jean shorts, a cropped tank top, and converse sneakers. She tossed her hair into a messy bun and put basic makeup on, with no contour or highlighter. She walked over to the bed Davina was on, sitting down. "Davina, honey, wake up. Vina, hey babe. Wake up.", Davina rolled over and looked at Catherine, "What time is it?", Catherine smiled, "It is 7:45 in the morning. We need to get you dressed so we can go to IHop and then go home and get your room all set up and your clothes. You can meet my Dad, he's coming to visit for a day or two. Will that be fun?", Davina smiled,  "Of course. Let's get ready." Catherine smiled and opened Davina's little luggage bag, pulling out her jean shorts, Seth Rollins shirt, and her converse shoes. Catherine helped dressed her and the two set on bed, Catherine with a brush, Davina wanted a high ponytail, Catherine sang softly to Davina and Finn smiled as he came out of the bathroom. Taking a video of the two. Davina smiled and looked up at Catherine as she finished her hair, "Are you ready?", Catherine smiled down at her, "Are you?", it was time to go home.

The trio pulled into IHop, the two adults wearing baseball hats and sunglasses, Davina walking between them. Their heads were down, they really didn't need the paparazzi on them at the moment. They were taken to a room in the back, Finn had made reservations for three. They took a seat, "What am I allowed to get?", Catherine smiled at Davina, "Anything you want baby girl. Just not to much that you get sick alright?", the girl nodded and looked at the menu, Catherine already deciding on chocolate chip pancakes, hash browns, and a glass of water. Davina glanced up, "I would like this.", Catherine smiled at the order of child's chocolate chip pancakes, a side of hash browns, and a biscuit. "What do you want to drink?", Davina looked at her mother figure, "Apple juice.", the older brunette smiled, "The apple juice you shall get.", Davina smiled and hugged the brunette. Finn taking a picture. Catherine smiled, "So, let's talk about your room." Davina smiled and the two started the long conversation of how Davina wanted her room decorated.

The car ride actually wasn't that bad, Catherine and Davina sang along to songs and Finn played iSpy with the duo. Jokes and laughter filled the car ride. The trio pulled through a McDonald's ordering lunch and leaving without incident. Catherine was surprised by how Davina was taking the trip so well, she didn't complain or anything. Finn was driving and Catherine had been on a long phone call with her interior designer about Davina's room, and getting the mini bar moved from the den to the pool house, and the house being lightened up in color. It was being worked on as they drove and was suppose to be done when they got there, in 3 hours. Finn glanced at Catherine and noticed she was playing with her ring finger, Davina was playing on the iPad, Catherine had in her purse. "What's got you so nervous, love?", She glanced at him, "Just thinking.", he raised an eyebrow but knew not to push the subject. She would talk to him when she felt like it.  He pulled the little ring from his pocket and handed it to her, but she shook her head, "I can't keep depending on a ring that isn't there to get me through my nerves. I have to get over this, not for me, but for her." Finn smiled, "And for you. You have your own life, and you haven't been living it because you have been helping me.", he looked at her, "Is that what is bothering you? Catherine, I do not, and I will not ever, regret being by your side this whole time. You needed someone Catherine, and I am glad you chose me. Catherine, you are my best friend. You have been since you met me 5 years ago. You have been by my side for so many different things and I never asked you to be. I love you, Catherine. I would never leave you alone in your time of need.",  she smiled up at him and she had a few tears in her eyes, "Thank you, Fergel.", she hugged him from over the center console and he smiled, he at least got to tell her he loves her, even if she thought it was as a friend.