(30)

L E O N I E

London in November was a terrible fucking idea. Terrible. My tits were so frozen that they could knock someone the fuck out right now. I would never complain about the Florida heat, ever again.

We'd arrived this morning and so far, I'd spent about six hundred dollars on winter wear. Cute coats and beanies. It was shameless. But hoodies weren't going to cut it and I was sorely mistaken when I thought mom was exaggerating the temperatures. So back in the apartment suite that Heath and I were sharing for the weekend, I stood in front of the mirror and decided which new outfit I'd wear out tonight.

Sarah and Jazz had a studio across the hall and mom was up on the next floor. The arrangement had been unspoken. Everyone was more or less aware of my current status with Heath. We were seeing each other but it was unofficial. And while no one said it out loud, I had a feeling that they all knew it was me that was keeping things from becoming more serious.

Mom and Jazz hit it off from the moment they met at the airport. The amount of blabbering was migraine inducing. But it was nice. At least it wouldn't be an uncomfortable weekend with tension and drama. I had enough of that to endure at home. And mom drama was so much worse than high school drama. They liked to call us teenage girls malicious. But I've heard my mom and her friends sitting around with their wines.

I've listened to the complaints of middle aged women talking about how Karin in the apartment across the hall has men in and out all weekend but Susan can't land one man and it doesn't seem fair so Karin must be a prostitute. That's the only explanation. Or how Megan just landed that promotion that she wasn't even qualified for so she must be sucking the boss off. And they all cover their mouths and gasp with offence when someone makes such a suggestion. But then they all nod in agreement, wincing while they sip on their thousand dollar bottles of wine. But they don't feel bad. They love talking more shit than a TMZ article.

But the point is, Jazz and mom are getting along so well and it's a huge relief. Tonight we're going on the London Eye. I couldn't be more excited but I do hope that the glass orb thing that we sit in, is heated because it's colder than my soul right now. Which is why I had a pair of leg warmers pulled over a velvet pair of booties, jeans, a turtle neck and a huge thick coat that almost drowned me but looked super cute. I slipped a beanie on over my hair and took a moment to appreciate the chance to step outside of summer fashion.

"You look beautiful," Heath said and I looked in the mirror to see him emerging from the bathroom in nothing but a towel. Ooh. Shredded muscles. Wet muscles. Damp hair. Help. "That coat is huge."

"That's not all that's huge," I mumbled and turned around to see him shaking his head with amusement.

"We have to leave in a minute," he said, watching me, watch him. His body made me delirious. "We're already running late."

"Fine," I sat on the edge of the bed and gestured for him to go ahead and change. There was really no way that I could gracefully seduce him. I was wearing way too many big clothes for that. "I'll just watch."

He laughed, gripped his towel and pulled it off before he started to rub it across his head.

"Ah," I cried and threw myself backwards into the mattress, folding my legs and clenching my thighs. "Clitches. Strong Clitches."

I peeped through my fingers and caught him giving me a heated stare. His shoulders rolled forward and his head tipped back as he groaned. "If I come near you, we are never leaving this room," he was all hard on and I felt a little moment of self satisfaction to know that I didn't even have to touch him to do that. "Maybe we shouldn't have roomed together."