(37)

H E A T H

Leonie sat beside me in the examination room. She was wearing a blue gown with no underwear on underneath. Or so she liked to tell me as often as possible. We were waiting for the doctor to come and see us. Mom had gone in search for whoever was available to perform the scan and one of her friend's was willing to come in on her day off.

I knew Jan. She was a nice woman in her late thirties. Her and mom had been working together for a long time. I wished that she'd hurry up though. I was more excited than I realised to see our little blob on the screen. Me and the girl I love. It was sort of surreal to think that both of us would exist in a little human being.

"I think we should do it."

"I really have to disagree," I said. "I don't think we should have a quickie on the exam table."

"This is the easiest access piece of clothing that I've ever worn."

"Tha—"

"Hello." The door opened and Jan walked in wearing her scrubs. Her hair was short and hidden beneath her surgical cap. "Heath. I hear you've given your mother a bit of trouble."

She grinned as she fell into the roller chair at the desk and slid towards the exam table where Leonie was patiently waiting.

"Yeah," I chuckled. "Uh this is Leonie."

"Baby momma," Leonie pointed at her chest and then held her hand out for Jan to shake. "How's it going?"

"Good thanks," Jan said. "I'm Jan. I'll be performing the transvaginal ultrasound this afternoon."

"Transvaginal?" Leonie blinked and she looked at me with concern. "That does not sound standard."

I laughed and sat forward in the plastic seat beside the exam table. "It's an internal procedure. In the case of pregnancies it's used when it's too early to find the foetus with a regular ultrasound. So a wand with a camera is put—"

"Up my vagina?!"

Jan, who had been setting up the monitor and tapping on the keyboard, looked at Leonie and laughed. "It's not as bad as it sounds."

"It sounds fucking horrible. Penis and tampons are the only cleared for entrance items that go up this cooch. Can I come back at a later date?"

I held her hand and stood up so that I could be closer to her. "We can if that's what you want. But this gives us a better idea of how far along you are and on the off chance that there are two, finding out earlier is better."

"Two?" She recoiled and flustered for a minute. "Alright. Get that wand in me."

She laid back and put her feet in the stirrups. Jan couldn't hide her amusement if she tried. She went on to explain the procedure and when she lubricated the wand and lifted Leonie's gown, Leonie held my hand tight and kept her sights on me. Her discomfort was evident. It wasn't the most pleasant experience. So I'd heard. I wouldn't know for sure.

"Alright," Jan said and clicked on her mouse a few times. "How's that feeling, Leonie."

"Swell," Leonie deadpanned. "I'm in heaven. I might orgasm from all of the pleasure."