An Epilogue as Any

Waaaahhh!
"UGH!" I scream into my pillow. This is the second time tonight! Why won't that dumb baby just fall asleep?! How can tiny humans not understand how important sleep is for their development? If I cried every time I was slightly unhappy or uncomfortable, I would be marked as either insane or a brat. Neither of which this baby is being called out for.
I throw myself out of bed and climb down the stairs from the attic. But, Bill, you may be asking, How can you hear whatever baby this is from all the way up there?
Ha. You underestimate this baby. This little human can scream. Soos and Melody assured my that's what human babies do; I'm still sure there's something awfully wrong with it.
I apologize- you must be very confused. Let me explain: Because I am staying in Soos's and Melody's house (the Mystery Shack) practically for free, though I do pitch in what little money I earn, it is my job to coax the baby back to sleep whenever she wakes up in the night. I may have to feed her, rock her, talk to her, or sing to her (that is my personal least favorite, mind you). Oh, right. This is Soos's and Melody's new baby. This baby was born only a month ago. Personally, I don't think she's that cute, like everyone says, but I manage in my "elder brother" role that people say I've taken for the baby.
     It being the springtime, it's been almost a year since I arrived in Gravity Falls. I can't believe it's been that long. It feels like just the other day was the day I arrived. Then again, it also feels like just the other day for me that dinosaurs walked the earth, as well. Yes, I'm just that old. It's quite a shame how people believe I'm only a teenager.
     I'm the valedictorian of my class and I have managed to make a friend. He's really great, the best best friend anyone could ask for. He's funny, he's kind, he's really the greatest friend I ever could've hoped for. I've even trusted him with my identity.
I'm getting along fairly well with Soos, Melody, and the new baby. I also have been keeping up with part-time work at Yumberjacks. Yumberjacks. Guys, I'm smart enough and have been powerful enough to be king of the world, and I'm working at Yumberjacks! To be honest, that place is disgusting and the only good part about it is how good the fast food tastes. Apparently teenagers can't really earn more that minimum wage and get stuck with the lousy jobs. Do you know how awful working at the deep fryer is? Cashier work is not much better. I can't wait to get a real job.
Waaaahhh!
Ugh, I almost forgot. I finish my trudge down the stairwell and walk to the baby's room. I open the door as it makes a creak. The baby's crying quiets. Ha, she must think her mother is coming, because as soon as she sees me, she goes back to full scream-mode.
     "Hey, hey, now. Shh, shh, it's okay." I pick up the flailing child and do my best to sooth her. "You don't have to cry, baby."
You can use her name, you know, Melody has told me in the past. We gave it to her because it's the one we liked most.
     "Rosanna," I say her name softly. I bounce her in my arms until her crying quiets and her eyes droop. I repeat her name in the gentlest voice I can muster and I slowly set her back in her crib when she finally falls asleep.
     She looks so... peaceful. No worries in life. Nothing to fret about apart from wanting to be changed, needing food, and sleeping. I wish I could say the same for myself. Though life has gotten much easier from when I first arrived in Gravity Falls, everyday life apparently brings a lot of stress to humans.
     I walk away from the crib, tiptoeing out of the room as to not wake Rosanna again. My life seems peaceful enough apart from the occasional group project and other stresses of life, but I just can't help having this feeling that... something is not quite right. I shake off the feeling. I should just try to enjoy this normal life as much as I can. This is the end of my worries. If my life was a novel, I'd say this an epilogue as any.
     However, I've never had such a heavy feeling of disaster aching in my chest before. It's a sinking feeling. It's a nerve wracking suspense. It's probably all in my head.
     I reach my bed and attempt to get comfortable. This musty attic can get pretty stuffy, but, like everything else, I manage alright. You wanna know what keeps me going? Yule, my best friend that I talked about earlier, I appreciate him a lot; he makes me really happy. The thought of Mabel also cheers me up. I long for the next time I get to see her, hug her, talk to her, and laugh with her. And, no matter how much I say I can't stand her, Rosanna makes me happy, too. I guess she's kind of grown on me.
     The sinking feeling has almost managed to go away when my cell phone begins to ring. I sit up suddenly. Who could possibly be calling at 3 A.M.?! I pick up my phone, but I don't recognize the number. However, if someone's calling at this hour, it must be important.
     I tap the answer button and hold the phone to my ear. "Hello?"
     "Excuse me, but I am speaking with Bill Cipher, am I not?" an soft, unfamiliar voice sounds over the speaker.
     "How do you know my name? Wait, who are you?" I ask, baffled. This situation is getting stranger and stranger, though I fear this might just be the thing I've been dreading. That empty, sinking feeling...
     "My name is Sil Houette, and I am here to tell you that your troubles are far from over."