I Don't Know What Happened

I awake to the sound of panicked voices. I don't open my eyes, faking slumber, but I listen intently to the conversation.
"You really think it's him? There's no way!" Dipper shouts. A waver in his voice tells me he's unsure about what he's just said.
"Bill or not," Mabel says, "we have to do something! Look how thin and pale he is! He needs our help."
"Look, dudes," I identify the man of the symbol of the question mark speaking, "I don't think it's safe for us to keep him here."
"Soos is right," a woman's voice sounds. I don't know who she is. "We should call Stan and Ford. They'll know what to do."
"Melody, they would freak if we told them that we think Bill Cipher is here!" Dipper exclaims.
"Look how helpless he is!" Mabel counters.
"It could be a trick, Mabel," Dipper informs. "Look, I see what you're saying, I want to believe it too, I just don't want to risk anyone getting hurt."
Mabel sighs. "I know. But something is wrong if Bill says he needs help. Genuine help. Not help him to get something he wants. He's dying! Besides, if he is tricking us, he can't do much damage unless we make a deal with him. We must stay alert."
Dipper replies, "We may be wrong. It might not be Bill. That boy is a human! Remember when I made a deal with Bill and he took my body? My eyes turned yellow with those black slits if you saw them in the light at the right time, just like his right eye! And when he came to the door just an hour ago? He totally was stumbling! Bill must not be used to any body that's not his. That boy might just be a normal human. Bill may just have control over his body."
"But we destroyed Bill. Grunkle Stan and Ford tricked him! He's gone," Mabel said, slightly unsure. "But if he is a normal human, Bill would have left him as soon as he passed out. So if his eyes are normal when he wakes, and if he continues to recognize us or not, I think we'll know if he's Bill or not."
"That's it," says Soos. "I'm calling Stan."
"Okay," says Dipper reluctantly. I hear two pairs of footsteps walk into another room. Melody must be going with Soos to make the call.
"Dipper?" Mabel asks. "What if it is Bill? What are we going to do then?"
"We're the Mystery Twins," he replies. I can hear the smile in his voice. "We'll figure something out."
     A sharp pang in my belly causes me to moan. Mabel gasps. I blink open my eyes slightly and turn my head enough that I can see them both. "Y- you're awake," stutters Dipper.
     "How are you feeling?" Mabel asks. I hear genuine concern in her voice. I wish I could smile for her. Someone with that much kindness... I wish I could give her something in return.
     "Hungry," I reply, my voice hoarse. "And sick... I can hardly move." I try to open my eyes wider, letting them catch the light; they have to know who I really am. I am Bill Cipher. My voice has lost its echo, and it has deepened some, but it's definitely mine. They'll recognize it.
     "It's him," concludes Dipper, looking at Mabel. "What do we do?" he whispers to his twin.
     "We help him," Mabel responds, her voice at full tone. She stands up defiantly, but Dipper grabs her hand, fear clouding his gaze. She looks shocked, and pulls her hand away. "What, do you think I'm just going to sit here and let him starve to death?"
     "Mabel, at least think about this first. He tried to kill us. He tried to kill you," Dipper's voice breaks.
     Mabel gives Dipper a sad smile. "We'll be careful. He doesn't deserve this, you're right. We may get hurt, that could be true as well, but even you know that you couldn't just sit here and let him die, because he's like us now. He's human. We can understand him now, we can understand what he's feeling. Maybe not to the extremes as he's feeling things now, but please, Dipper. Through kindness, let's help him."
To my relief, Dipper nods. Mabel turns to me and says, "I'll get you some food," in a low voice. She leaves for the kitchen. I'm left with Dipper sitting on the same couch I lay upon.
     "What happened, Bill?" he asks.
     "I don't know," I sigh and somehow manage to sit up. "I woke up and here I was. Human. It's been almost three years. I have no idea where I've been or what happened to me."
     "You have guts," Dipper tells me. "I find it difficult to ask others for help." He surprises me by saying this. Is Pine Tree trying to be... nice?
     "Especially if you've tried to kill them in the past," I say. Dipper gives a hollow laugh, though my joke is far from funny.
     "Whatever you do," begins Dipper, "try not to hurt anyone. And try not to go crazy." He laughs and rubs the back of his neck, slightly embarrassed. "I mean... those are the things that Bill Cipher has done in the past, but that's behind us now. I hope you've changed."
     "Here we are!" Mabel exclaims, walking back from the kitchen, a bowl of ramen in her hands. "I know it's not much, but-" With newfound strength, I grab the bowl from her hands and begin to eat ravenously. She laughs. Wow, food tastes so much better when you eat it to live off of instead of just eating it for fun. Mabel laughs again as broth dribbles down my chin. I can't help but smile when she laughs. Man, she's cute. Processing what I've just thought, I blush and return to my nearly empty bowl of ramen. Dipper looks at me strangely, but I ignore him. Before I know it, I've eaten it all. As I wipe my chin with the heel of my hand, Mabel smiles at me and takes the bowl. "I'll put this away." She then walks back to the kitchen.
     Dipper looks at me with a knowing gaze and says, "That's my sister, you triangle. Don't you dare."