Chapter Twenty Nine

{ Christmas Special chapter }

Eunji's POV

It's been two days now and I'm back in college.

As I was standing by my dressing table brushing my hair, I feel a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and a chin resting on my shoulder. I glance into the mirror and see Jungkook smiling brightly at me, into the mirror.

Instantly, memories from Friday night appear in my mind and a blush creeps up on my face.

"Aww! Is someone blushing?" He asks with a cheeky grin on his lips.

"I...I..." My words trail off and I end up not saying a word.

I place the brush down on the dressing table and unwrap his arms from around me.

He furrows his eyebrows and glances down at me. "What's wrong, Eunji?"

"I don't feel comfortable with this." I suddenly utter.

"What do you mean?" He asks in a confused tone.

"I mean...I don't feel comfortable with all this...physical contact." I reply hesitantly.

He laughs and shakes his head. "Eunji, we do this all the time."

"Yeah but, now I don't feel comfortable at all." I quickly reply.

What was I thinking? Why am I always letting him touch me? Especially Friday night, I don't know what I was thinking. I shouldn't have agreed to this.

"Eunji, what's up? Is everything alright?" He looks at me with eyes full of concern.

"Jungkook, whatever happened on Friday night...it shouldn't have happened, okay?" I glance at him with an anxious expression.

"But Eunji, you wanted it to happen. Why are you talking about this, all of a sudden? You didn't bring that up over the weekend. So why now?" He shrugs with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Because I've now come to realise on how uncomfortable I feel about this. That night was a mistake, like I said it shouldn't have happened." I divert my gaze to the floor and fiddle with my fingers nervously.

"Eunji...I can't believe you...called that night, a mistake. Didn't it mean anything to you?" He responds in shock. I glance up at him, seeing him stare at me in disbelief.

I sigh and shake my head. "Then what else am I supposed to call it? Of course it didn't mean anything!"

The only reason I'm doing this, is just so we don't get so attached to each other, to the point where I would spill everything to him – including my home life and the real reason why I go home every weekend. I don't want to let him in. I don't want to burden him with all my problems. I don't him to get hurt because of me.

I stare into his eyes and watch his expression morph from disbelief to stern. He pushes me to the wall and presses his body against mine. He gazes into my eyes intensely and licks his bottom lip slowly.

He grips my waist firmly, as he leans in with his minty breath fanning my neck. He whispers, "Are you sure this didn't mean anything?" And with that, he plants kisses down my neck slowly.