Chapter Six: Wings

A/N: let's play a game of find the d+p video quote, first person to find it wins uhhhh a pony or something.
-

Traipsing up to the school gates, Phil prepared himself for what was to come. He felt a little less confident than he had at home. Although, he had found an old leather jacket just before he'd left and decidedly it really completed his look.

He was going for the whole 'he's a bad boy but he's sensitive look' and no matter how many anxious emotions he was feeling right now, he had to try not to show them.

As he arrived inside the school building, corridors were littered with students and teachers alike. Phil felt like all their eyes were on him, glaring and staring him down, judging him for wearing such a stupidly uncharacteristic outfit.

He could still turn back couldn't he? He still had time. What if he just ran back home quickly and changed into something more...

'Well, well, well, hello there Lester' a voice called from down the walkway. It was Scott Stevens from what Phil could hear, one of Kyle's friends. 'Dressed a little out of your comfort zone today aren't we?'

'Shut it Stevens' Phil replied nonchalantly, in a threatening growl. He wasn't sure what had made him speak like that, perhaps it was the jacket.

'Ooo hoo hoooo, Alright man, I was just starting conversation'
'Yeah well go start conversation with someone else' Phil challenged Scot, staring him dead in the eyes.

By some miracle Scott did decide to back off, wandering off to go pick on an easier target.

Slightly stunned by his actions, Phil had remained frozen for a moment. Had that really just happened? He couldn't remember anyone finding him remotely threatening in his life and yet he'd just scared of one of the most popular bullies in school.

Okay maybe not quite scared, but still.

Ruffling up his hair a little and yawning, Phil carried on down the corridor to his locker.

-

Dan hadn't been having the best of days, in fact this particular one was starting out to be one of his worst by far.

He'd already been yelled at by Mrs Evans, for what he still wasn't sure. He'd slept through his alarm and had to get ready as fast as he could, going without breakfast.

And the thing that really topped it all off was that his phone has smashed to pieces after he'd dropped it on the curb during his walk to school.

Sighing internally, Dan reached into his locker and tried to focus on just getting the books he needed and getting on with his day.

Focus, he did not however. As the sight he saw in that moment, out of the corner of his eye, made him do a full one eighty and captured his full attention.

Phil Lester was walking, no, striding down the corridor with a strong swagger about him. He had black dr martins on, his hair pushed back and was wearing a fucking leather jacket.

He looked hot.

And this really wasn't doing Dan any favours, adding to his already giant crush on the boy.

'F f fuck' he muttered under his breath, turning back to face his locker in order to hide his blush and keep Phil from seeing him.

Dan really wished he had the confidence to speak to the black haired boy. But right now, with the current status he had in this school, he didn't think he'd be doing that any time soon.

Not that Phil was much higher in popularity than him to be quite honest. But come on, he was probably straight right?

-