Chapter 39: Feeling elated!

Kate pov

It's been so fun having Corey around. I'm basically having the best time of my life. I recently applied to university, I actually received a letter stating, that I have been accepted. I just couldn't stop jumping. I'm so happy! I can't wait to tell my Mum when she comes back from work. Going to university is literally the biggest accomplishment ever. I know it's going to be hard but I'm excited because I will be studying a medical course which will lead me to fulfill my goal of becoming a Doctor. I know I will get there with hard work and determination. I'm going out to an amusement park with all my friends and Corey. I can't wait, we're gonna have fun. Corey is picking me up, we are all meeting our mates at the fair. I heard a knock, it was Corey.

"Hey cutie you're ok?" he says entering the house

"Hey boo, I'm good, guess what babe?" I say cuddling him.

"What hun, why are you all happy?" He curiously asked.

"I got a place at university!!!" I sat screaming at the top of my lungs.

"Congrats yeaah I'm happy for you baby" he says giving me a hug and a kiss.

"Thanks, me to can't wait to tell Mum the big news."

"Awww bless you deserve to be happy. Are you ready now?"

"Yeah I am" I say putting my phone in my handbag.

"Cool everyone is at the fair already, let's hurry" he says leaving the house and heading to the car.

"It's so cold today, I hate this weather it just changes" I moan

"It does indeed it fucking sucks love"

It took about an hour for us to get to the fair. We then arrived, I couldn't stop smiling.  "We're here my lady" he says pulling over.

"Yeah I'm excited" I say doing a little dance.

"Let me call Lewis and find out where he is" he says calling him.

"Ok cool"

"Dude what's good where are you? we are at the fair" He says

"By the games section near the rollercoasters man" he says

"Ok man, we will be there shortly"

We then got off the car and roamed around the fair, we were trying to find our friends.

"Hey love birds" Lewis says coming towards us with a little puppy, which I assumed was Danny the dog he told me about ages ago.

"Hey lewis" we both say simultaneously

"Omg is he yours? he's cute"

"Yeah this is Danny, buddy say hi to my friends" the cute little thing just confusingly gazed at us, it's probably because he couldn't recognise us. The only person he knew was his owner Lewis.

"Awww bless, hey doggy" Corey says stroking got.

"It's so adorable but I'm terrified of dogs though" I apprehensively say

"Don't worry, babe he won't hurt you" Lewis reassuringly says.

"Okay, wow this place looks amazing" I say entering the amusement park. I then saw Shanelle and Jess, I was so delighted. I love intermingling with my mates, it's so refreshing, I never feel lonely. When I first moved to LA I thought I was never going to make friends. I feel so blessed to have, supportive friends who are are always by my side. My old school in Atlanta Georgia was quite different to the one I'm attending right now because, most kids were so sadistic and obnoxious. I'm just glad God enabled me to encounter the right people.