Chapter 32

Scott POV

Oh my god. I can't believe it. James came back for Stiles and Claudia! I pace up and down my living room, feeling stressed and that I'm maybe losing my mind. I pull at my hair as I try to calm myself down enough to think rationally and come up with a plan. My breathing is short and shallow and I haven't been able to stop crying ever since I got off the phone with Stiles. I know he's in a lot of danger, as is Claudia. I don't know the exact circumstances which Stiles was under to try and break up with me, but I know they must have been terrible if he actually did it. James must have threatened Claudia in some way or something, which is absolutely horrible, especially if he wants to try and be her father again. He doesn't deserve the honor of being Claudia's dad or even having any sort of role in her life, never in a million years. He deserves to rot in prison forever. But not before I give him a piece of my mind first.

I sniffle and wipe my eyes, though it doesn't do much, as I'm still crying. This all feels like some horrific nightmare. I wish this wasn't real. I want Stiles back here in my arms more than anything. I desperately want Claudia to be safe too. I have fallen in love with her and she honestly feels so much like a daughter to me. I will hate myself forever if something terrible happened to her or Stiles. I have to get them out of there, but I know I can't do it alone. James has basically kidnaped them, so there's no way he'd stay in Stiles' house. I have no way of knowing where the hell James could be, but I might need to go to Stiles' house to look for any clues. I'm sure the police will do that as well.

Once I've finally calmed down enough and recovered from my initial shock of the phone call, I grab my phone again and start texting my friends and my mom, telling them everything I know about what happened. I'll be going to the Sheriff's station myself to tell Noah. He definitely needs to hear it in person. I tell Mom to keep Jason at her house, since she was looking after him anyway on her day off. I can't have Jason around while I'm trying to find Stiles and Claudia. I don't want him getting hurt or upset and scared. Mom, Lydia, Malia, Isaac, Allison, Kira and Isaac are all horrified by the news that I tell them and they all seem to want James to pay massively for what he has done. Malia even says that she will drag him down into hell itself if she has to. I remind everyone that I'll handle it, and that I just thought it was good to let everyone know what was happening.

"Son of a bitch. I'll kill him. I'll kill him." I mumble to myself as I finish texting everyone that I need to and put my phone away again. Of course I wouldn't really kill him; I'm not a murderer. However, I'm not against beating him up for every little thing he has done to Stiles and Claudia, both of whom I would call my family. I don't even know what the asshole looks like, but I think I'll know him when I see him just by pure instinct and gut feeling. The phone call that I just had with Stiles could provide the cops with some very good evidence against James, that's for sure. They can get a transcript of the conversation. I better get down to the Sheriff's station now to tell them about my suspicion of James taking Stiles and Claudia, probably threatening them, and then give them my phone to get a transcription of the conversation.

I take a deep breath to calm my anxiety and worry before I grab my things and run out of the house, towards my car. I guess there won't be any family dinner tonight. I jump into the car and hurriedly start it up, pulling out of the driveway. Once I'm out, I quickly step on the accelerator and speed towards the Sheriff's station, probably faster than I would have liked. All the way, my mind is consumed with thoughts of Stiles, hoping and praying that he is okay. I was so confused, hurt and upset when he said he was breaking up with me. He was crying so much, which made me hurt more and cry more. I started to realize something wasn't right though. I couldn't tell exactly what it was, but the way Stiles was speaking... It felt off. He never gave me a concrete reason why he was breaking up with me and it sounded like he was in hysterics and very scared as well. When I started putting all of those things together, I knew something was seriously wrong. I started to piece it together, and from the little information Stiles could tell me, I was right. To be honest, it's still probably more horrible than I could imagine it being. Ugh, why can't James just leave us alone and let us live our lives in peace?