Chapter 12

Stiles POV

I'm finally let out of the hospital two days later. They are the most two boring days of my life. There's nothing really to do in a hospital, especially when your friends and family aren't there. You just have to lie in the bed and watch whatever boring program is on TV. Of course, my friends and family come to visit me over those two days, even the ones that I haven't seen since high school. It's nice to catch up with them again, even if the circumstances aren't the best. Dad got super mad once he realized that it was James that did this to me, but unfortunately, we have no proof, nor do we know where James is, so there isn't much that my dad can do. I tell him over and over again that it's okay, especially when he starts crying and starts blaming himself for what happened, which makes no sense to me. None of this is Dad's fault, not in the slightest. It gets very emotional when he visits me in the hospital, but we are both so glad to still have each other. Claudia's very impatient when she comes to visit. She wants me to come home with her badly. It breaks my heart when she says stuff like that. All I want to do is to go home with her, but I can't. I have to wait until the doctors give me the all clear. It's very frustrating, but at least I know that she is safe and happy at Lydia and Jordan's house. I was almost tempted to ask Scott to look after her, since he can somehow get her to sleep, but I decided against it. I didn't want to place that much pressure on him, nor did I want to make anything awkward between us.

Speaking of Scott though, him and Jason have visited me both days, which is pleasantly surprising. It's really nice to have their company though. Jason is adorable and has all these stories to tell me about his toy cars and how he wants to get exactly the same ones as real cars when he is old enough to drive. It makes me chuckle and smile proudly. He'll probably end up very protective over his car, just like I was with my jeep. I had to get rid of my jeep a few years ago now. It had done its time. I was very sad that day. People probably would make fun of me for being that crushed over a car, but the jeep felt like it was a part of me. It was something that reminded me of Mom, since it was her car to begin with. I always felt like she was riding in the jeep with me. I'm not unhappy with the car I have now, though. It's reliable, which is a pleasant experience. It doesn't break down like the jeep always did. Anyway, if Scott let's me, I'd be definitely willing to help pick out Jason's first car and perhaps I might pay for a bit of it too, if I ever had some extra money lying around. That's exactly what I tell him and Jason gets super excited, gives me a hug and bounces around the room. Scott seemed very surprised by my offer, but also really happy about it. He tells me I don't have to make that sort of promise, as we don't know what will happen between now and then, but I tell him that it's okay and that I want to make this promise and stick to it.

As Jason is bouncing around the room in excitement, Scott and I have time to talk as well. It feels so much better now that he knows about James. It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my chest. Scott is so comforting and supporting, it makes me feel safe again. I'm surprised that he still wants to stick around me even though he knows about my damaged past, but I am very grateful that he does. I'm sure Claudia is too. Her and Jason seem to be becoming best friends, if they aren't best friends already. It's really adorable, actually. Scott and I talk about this a lot together and make comparisons to when we were little. We are both still nervous to see if Claudia and James will become the bad troublemakers that Scott and I once were. We both laugh about it as well though, as it would be very interesting to see.

Sometimes I have to wonder if Scott should even be visiting me at the hospital. I mean, he has his job. Sure, he doesn't come in when he's supposed to be at work, but surely he still has assignments and tests to mark? I don't ask Scott about it though. I'll let him handle that. I'm just grateful that he is here for me. I can see that it hurts him to see me in a hospital bed like this because of my ex-boyfriend, but he tries to hide it as much as possible. It sometimes slips through though. It makes my heart melt a little to know that he cares so much for me. I still wonder about my feelings for him and how they have seemed to change since high school. I'm too nervous to say anything about it though, let alone try and do anything about it. Perhaps it's just a passing phase, since I haven't seen Scott in so long. Yeah, that must be it... Right? I hope so. I don't need any more complications in my life.