Chapter 5

Stiles POV

"Wow. The Scott McCall? From high school? The one that hooked up with a lot of girls in senior year because he was broken up over Kira and Allison? Really? He has a kid who got into a fight to defend your daughter?" Lydia asks me in amusement as she takes a sip of her coffee. It's the morning after the talk with the principal. I decided to go around to Lydia's house today after I dropped Claudia off at school so I could tell her everything that happened. I'm hoping that there aren't any more problems at school, but who knows what will happen? Scott and I got into trouble all the time.

"Yeah, the one and only." I chuckle as I lean back in my chair.

"Interesting. Has he changed much?" Lydia asks curiously.

"What do you mean, Lyds? I haven't seen him in 10 years. I don't know how much he has changed." I laugh and shake my head at my friend. Lydia just sighs and glares at me, not satisfied with my answer.

"Well, he obviously has a son named Jason. Same age as Claudia. Uh, he got married a while ago. I was invited to the wedding, but I didn't go. James didn't let me. Scott isn't wearing his wedding ring though. He told me that he would explain that story next time we catch up. He looks older and wiser, I guess. He has seen more of the world. He hasn't grown since high school and he looks pretty much the same, except for the extra stubble." I answer after thinking about it for a moment. Lydia nods in satisfaction and she looks intrigued. I swear I can almost hear the gears turning in her brain.

"Yeah, I don't think I was invited to his wedding, but even in high school, I was never as close to him as you were. When he got married, we already wouldn't have talked for ages anyway, so I get why he didn't invite me. It was sweet of him to invite you though." Lydia comments.

"I wish I could have gone." I sigh sadly. It seemed like Scott really wanted me to be there. I did want to be there. I wanted to see him marry someone that he can spend the rest of his life with and love, but I guess things don't always go to plan. I still don't really understand why James wouldn't let me go, but I was terrified to go against his wishes, afraid that he might hurt me as a punishment. Or worse, maybe even kill me. Not that I'll let Scott know that is the real reason why I didn't go to his wedding, of course.

"So, is he still the same kid from high school? I mean, personality wise?" Lydia asks curiously.

"Yeah, I'd say so." I nod in response.

"I'm guessing the two of you got on alright, then?" Lydia continues with her questions, making me feel like I'm being interrogate. I watch as she takes another sip of her coffee.

"Well, at first, it was extremely awkward. We couldn't find anything to say. It had been 10 years where we hadn't received a word from each other, so it was very hard to try to even talk to each other after all that time. However, after a while, we finally broke the ice and I could see a glimpse of us as teenagers again, happy and carefree." I explain to my curious friend.

"So now you both want to catch up again?" Lydia asks for clarification.

"Yep." I nod.

"What would you do with him?" Lydia wants to know.

"What do you mean?" I frown.

"Where would you go with him?" Lydia reforms her question.

"I don't know, his house, I guess." I shrug. I don't really mind where we catch up, I'm just looking forward to hanging out with my old friend again. I have really missed him.