Chapter 1

Stiles POV

"Stiles, come on, you don't really mean that!" James complains, his tone full of annoyance, trying to threaten me to back down. However, it is not going to work this time. I've had enough of this. I'm out. I can't let my little Claudia get hurt. Not again. She has been damaged enough by this relationship already. I don't care if I get beaten up and abused by James, I'm used to it now. However, I don't want my baby girl to be hurt by him. She doesn't deserve this kind of life.

"No, James! I do mean it! I've tried to give you time to change, but you never do!" I yell back at the man standing in front of me. College seems a long time ago now and too good to be true. James wasn't always this bad. I mean, there were signs in college that this could happen one day, but I was too naïve to see it and I already fell for James. It was like a dream come true. He was everything I wanted. Now, I just need to get away from him before anything else happens. I pick Claudia up in my arms and I hold onto her protectively, despite my ribs hurting from the latest beating. "Stiles, baby, I really am sorry for what I did you to you this morning, I just lost my temper... I promise I can change... I promise I can get help." James says, trying a different approach. He sounds all innocent, upset and guilty, but I'm not buying it. Not this time. I shake my head in annoyance. "That's the thing, James. You won't change. You won't get help. You'll just continue to keep getting worse." I tell him as I take a few steps away from him. My five-year-old daughter is trembling and whimpering in my arms slightly, having no idea what is going on.

"I can't live like this anymore. And I'm not going to let Claudia live through this shit either." I add angrily. James scowls at me. "Claudia is ours, Stiles! We decided together that we should find a surrogate and have a baby, a family!" James tells me viciously. "But she's my baby, James. My sperm, Lydia's egg. Besides, you've never been the father to her that she deserves. You don't care about her at all. Or me, for that matter. I want to give my daughter a good life, but she can't have that while we are still here with you." I explain with narrowed eyes towards the taller and more muscular man standing in front of me. I don't let that intimidate me though.

"Take that back, Stiles." James growls, looking more and more angrily by the minute.

"No. I'm leaving and I'm never coming back." I announce bravely as I start to walk away and gather up the few essential things that I'll need when I leave here. I have been talking to Lydia for a while and she has kindly offered for Claudia and I to stay with her and Jordan while I try to get back on my feet again. I am very thankful for Lydia. It'll be nice for Claudia to spend some time with her mother again anyway. Lydia and I are working this surrogacy thing really well between each other. It doesn't feel awkward or one sided at all.

"Don't you dare leave, Stiles Stilinski!" James shouts at me as I gather up my things. I roll my eyes and ignore him, holding onto Claudia more tightly as she begins to cry softly. "Daddy, I'm scared." She whispers to me.

"I know honey, but I won't let anything bad happen to you, I promise. We're going to get out of here, okay? You'll be safe." I reassure her before pressing a kiss to her head. Claudia whimpers a little and nods, sniffling slightly. I grab my keys, my phone, my jacket, Claudia's jacket and of course, her pink teddy bear named Cherry. I know that Claudia would be a mess without her teddy bear. She's had it ever since she was born and she fell in love with it straight away. I give Claudia the bear and then start making my way towards the exit. I don't think I'll need anything else. We can start again at Lydia's house. I'm worried what my dad will think about all of this. I never told him about the abusive relationship that I got into in my first year of college and haven't been able to escape it until now.