Chapter 18

Stiles POV

A couple days later, on a late Saturday morning, I hear my phone buzzing, signalling that I have a text. I stop reading my favorite book and pick up my phone to see who it is from. I see it's from Lydia. Lydia? What does she want? Suspicious, I unlock my phone to open the message and see what this is all about.

Lydia: You should go with Scott, Jason and Claudia to the park today.

Stiles: What? Why?

Lydia: Just do it, I promise you that you will all have a great time.

Stiles: Lydia, I love you, but you're scaring the hell out of me right now. What are you up to?

Lydia: Nothing! Just text Scott and see if he wants to go to the park today.

Stiles: Why the park? Why Scott? How do you know we will have an awesome time?

Lydia: Stiles. You're one of my closest friends and I would do anything for you. I had your baby for you. I know you very well, alright? I know that you will like this. Just trust me, okay? I promise I'm not going to get you murdered or anything.

Stiles: Okay... But I'm still scared.

Lydia: Don't be scared, alright? Everything will be fine, I promise. Just ask if Scott and Jason want to go to the park with you and Claudia today. It'll give you a good time to hang out together :)

Stiles: Okay, fine. But if we get murdered, I'm going to kill you.

Lydia: You can't kill me if you're dead.

Stiles: Just watch me, missy.

Lydia: Ooh, I'm soooo scared.

Stiles: You better be.

Lydia: Just go, Stiles. Stop wasting time. I'll be here if you really need me.

Stiles: Okay, fine. Bye.

Lydia: Bye :)

I close my phone again and sigh as I lean back on the couch. Well, that was weird. I still am worried about what Lydia may be up to, but I decide to trust her. I think I'll text Scott first, to make sure that him and Jason are free today. I get out my phone again and go to my conversation with Scott. I smile a little at the contact name. I still love calling him Scotty. I start typing him a message.

Stiles: Hey buddy, are you free today?

Scotty: Uh, yeah. I've got half an assignment to mark, but that shouldn't take too long. I can do it tonight or put it off until tomorrow. What's up?

Stiles: Oh, I was just wondering if you and Jason would like to go to the park with Claudia and I today.

Scotty: Sure, why not? I'm sure the kids will love it :)

Stiles: Great, so where do you want to meet? How do you want to do this?

Scotty: I could pick you both up, if that makes it easier for you?