Chapter Twelve: Theater and Parties

Virgil pulled into the theater parking lot and slowly wandered inside. The only times he'd ever been here before were when Logan dragged him to Roman's shows in the past. He was supposed to be meeting Roman to go on another date, but he was a bit early and he couldn't resist the urge to snoop around. He'd never been able to wander in the non-public areas before, but he figured since he was dating the boss, he got a free pass. As he wandered up the main aisle towards the stage, he saw Roman talking on his cell phone. His eyes lit up when he spotted Virgil, and he gestured him closer while mouthing "I'm sorry, be right there".

Virgil didn't want to interrupt what appeared to be an important phone call, so he curiously wandered the stage, watching all of the staff buzzing around like bees. There were sets being constructed, several people working in the wings. He could see a few musicians clearly on a break in the wings. As he stood off to the side, trying to stay out of everybody's way, one of the stagehands approached him. The guy was tall and thin, with sandy blonde hair and a charming smile.

"Hey there, are you lost?"

"Nope, just waiting for someone."

"Oh, now, that's a shame. I was really hoping I could show you around, gorgeous." Virgil blinked, an amused smirk slowly crossing his face. This kid was hitting on him? How...adorably stupid.

"I wouldn't say it's a shame, per sae..." Virgil's smirk deepened as the guy's eyes widened and he leaned closer, angling towards him.

"No...?"

"Nope. In fact, I'm pretty sure you know the guy I'm waiting for. Roman Sanders?" The guy was definitely flirting. Virgil watched Roman finally hang up and start walking over, saw his face cloud over as he took in this stranger's posture, his obvious attempt at flirtation.

"Oh...how do you know Roman?" Virgil's smirk widened into a full-on grin. Roman was now storming over, and he waited until Roman was close enough to hear before replying.

"He's my boyfriend." Roman's eyes widened slightly, then his smile burst forth like the sun. He gleefully slid in next to him, hooking an arm around Virgil's waist.

"I'm so sorry to keep you waiting, darling. Did you miss me?" Without waiting for a reply, he leaned in a placed a warm, familiar kiss on Virgil's lips. The look on this guy's face was absolutely priceless, and if Virgil were just slightly more of an asshole he'd have taken a picture to cackle at later.

"Mmm. It's okay, this guy was keeping me company." Virgil leaned in and kissed Roman again, a little deeper this time, and Roman allowed it with a pleased hum. When the broke apart, Roman looked at the flirty guy, who looked like he wanted to be anywhere but standing there under Roman's laser-focused scrutiny.

"David, isn't there a job you should be doing? I'm quite certain I can find you a task if you don't have one." Roman's voice was silky smooth, his voice pleasant, but there was something in his eyes that made David want to run as far and as fast as possible.

"No, sir, I was just heading over to see if Marcy needed anything. It was nice meeting you!" Deciding that discretion was the better part of valor, David immediately fled backstage to put as much space as possible between his boss, his boss's smoking hot boyfriend, and himself.

Roman's heart was fluttering in his chest. Virgil's voice echoed in his head. He's my boyfriend. He had honestly doubted he'd ever get Virgil to this point, so to hear him publicly acknowledge their relationship? God...he had to kiss him. Right now...but not here. There were too many staff, and he had a feeling restraint was going to be a problem for him after hearing that. He grabbed Virgil's hand and gently lead him off the stage and down a corridor. Virgil allowed himself to be pulled along, curious as to where they were going. Roman grinned, glancing down at their linked hands as he increased his pace. He needed to get Virgil in a private place, right now.