"LEAVE. ME. ALONE!" I screech and step around them.

"Alyssa! Help" Cam calls gaining my attention. I turn to see Melissa hiding behind cam in a death grip. Her hands wrapped painfully tight around his arms. She was trying to mask the fear on her face, but as I stepped closer to her she was showing more and more of her emotions.

"Oh, you poor thing, you think Cam is going to protect you?" I laughed. "Well you must be delusional. He. Doesn't. Want. You. Now leave him alone and go find someone who does want your STD's" I said nice and slow. She seemed to understand and ran right to the three boys that were slowly backing up.

I laugh so hard that I'm leaning most of my weight on Cam.

I sober up enough to say goodbye to him. "See you later!" I then walk away to the library.

~~~~~Asher's POV~~~~~

Whoa. That was so hot.

She just scared off three guys from the football team.

I heard from Talon "Hey Mary!" as we come around the corner. I honestly wouldn't have thought she was a virgin but that's her choice and I respect her for waiting for whatever reason.

Then the next thing I know I'm coming out of my thoughts to see her so close to Kyle, Talon, and Callum. Too close for my liking. When I finally saw what she was doing I didn't have a good feeling about it and it made my heart sting a tiny bit. I looked away until I heard what came out of her mouth next.

"You wouldn't hit a girl would you?" In a tone that any guy would bow down to. Proving my point they gulped and shook their heads. "Good!"

After making a fool out of those idiots she walked away. Just like that, just walked off. Oh! While I stood there and watched. I'm such a loser; I was so mesmerized I didn't step in. None of us did. I look over to Christian and Lucca to see them stunned too. Cam is another story entirely; he just looks relieved Melissa ran off. I stood there a minute more regaining my senses before following the guys off to the cafeteria.

~~~~~Alyssa's POV~~~~~

I wake up the next day late but at least I caught up on some sleep. I decide since it is already half eleven, I should just go to school at lunch. I get up and have a shower.

I hop in and am instantly relaxed as the hot water runs down my body, waking up my stiff bones and soothing my muscles.

Drying off and walking to my cupboard I take out a pair of cream, lace high-waisted shorts. I pull on a black singlet over my bra, tucking the hem into my shorts.

The next ten minutes are hectic as I rush to grab all my things. I quickly snatch up my peach cardigan, keys, purse and bag as I walk out to my car, and start heading to school.

Arriving at school I head straight to my favourite spot.

I was just turning the page, sitting in a secluded part of the library when the chair next to me scraped out. I look up to see Asher, instantly smiling.

"And how may I help you?" I ask politely.

"I know that we just met," He took a shaky breath and then continued. He had this nervous vibe about him now, compared to yesterday he wasn't expelling confidence. His eyes all shifty, he couldn't even look me in the eye.

"But I like you."

He just confessed and aww is that colour in his cheeks.

"A lot."

He confessed more

"More than friends."

Me too. I so want to stop him and tell him but I let him continue.

"Everyone said from that first moment we had a connection. But I don't want to rush you; I don't want to rush...us. I mean I want there to be an us and I really hope I'm not just another idiot falling to your feet." His voice wavering.

I open my mouth to say something, to ease his nervousness but he cut me off.

"Not yet, I'm not done. I haven't ever met anyone like you before. You're special!" He pauses to take a breath. He needed one after rushing all that out at once.

"Mostly because all the girls I've met are sluts or too preppy. They're all the same. You're different. You're absolutely gorgeous, fiery and you're not stuck up." He let out a deep breath, keeping his eyes low.

He kneels down on one knee and pulls a pink tulip from behind his back. I faintly heard a small gasp that I was pretty sure didn't come from my mouth but paid no attention to it.

"Will you go out with me?" Well that was absolutely unexplainable in words. I loved the fact that he got down on one knee. It was cute to see what he was so nervous about although I didn't expect that. I could feel something, deep inside there was this warm tingly sensation that I've never experienced before.

I didn't even realize I was nodding and then a small smile appeared on my face. A huge grin broke out on his lips that made little butterflies flutter in my stomach at the sight.

"Ahh!" Someone screamed. We turn to see a brown-headed junior standing, watching us. As creepy as that sounds, she then turned to look me in the eyes.

"This isn't over. He WILL be mine." She said glaring at me as hard as her little eyes could before storming off.

I slowly turn back to Asher, looking at him questioningly. I mean does he have something to tell me?

"I can explain. That's Stacey. She's sort of like...what Melissa is to Cameron. If that makes sense. She likes to think that one day we'll be together." We erupt in laughter. Once we sober a bit he holds out the flower to me. Looking him in the eyes, I slowly take it and subconsciously lean forward.

Should I kiss him? I really want to, but would that be inappropriate?

Yep it's decided!

I lean forward more. Half out of my chair. I could see Asher leaning in too so I pushed a little bit further to fill the gap closing my eyes.

I hear a thump as a small pain crawls up my spine. Kisses don't hurt, if you're doing it right. I slowly open my eyes to see I was on the floor and Asher silently laughing in his chair. I narrow my eyes to a glare and focus on him. He must have noticed me because now he was slowly but surely calming down from his high.

"I can't believe you just fell off a chair!" He then burst into laughter all over again.

Hmm I can't believe it either but it happens more then you think. I think, as I sneakily pull out his chair too quick for it to stay balanced.

His laughing is cut off as he hits the floor with an even louder thump!

I can't hold it, in he looks so surprised and shocked as I burst out laughing at him, but the next second he's laughing along with me.

As we calm down we slowly pull ourselves up to a sitting position, sporting matching grins like a pair of idiots. But that's okay, because I couldn't be happier with the exception of Stacey.

(A/N)

150 reads or 10 votes and chapter four goes up