Quickly I grab my keys, purse and book-bag and head for the door. Stopping, I prepare myself. 1...2...3...open. SLAP. I expected it but didn't see it. The sound of her palm connecting with my cheek ringing in my ears. I could feel the distinguished imprint of her hand tingling on my cheek.

Of course my eyes were shut tightly but snap open once her hand made contact with my cheek. I don't look at her as I shove my way through the hallway, locking my door to make sure she doesn't touch my stuff. I then continue to walk to the kitchen while she screams and yells about respect and how I'm the worst child ever. I grab an apple and fill my water bottle up, in my own little world.

Leaving the house I make my way to my beat up light blue Volkswagen bug and drive to school thinking of all the beautiful things that are in this world. I may not see them right now but I will, one day.

I enter the school building as normal and head straight for my locker. I spot Cameron and his buddies down the hall walking towards me. I haven't officially met the rest of them but I've managed to watch a few of their fights, and trust me they're good. Of course these boys just happen to be total hotties and the bad boys of the school, or so I've heard. Going about my business and taking out my textbooks for my first few lessons, I close my locker and turn to come face to face with Cameron, the others stopped at a locker down the hall.

"Hey" I say with a smile and wrap an arm around him in a half hug.

"And how's my little street fighter today?" He coos at me like a five year old.

"Fantastic! Never been better" I snarkily reply, sarcasm lacing my every word.

"Good to hear. So anyway since you're in such a great mood already... I was wanting to finally introduce you to the guys today. Maybe you'll even fancy one of them." Ignoring my sarcasm, as usual. I know he knows I'm being sarcastic, partly because that's a huge part of my everyday attitude, but he ignores it anyway. All that sarcasm wasted because he doesn't want to hear it. Such a shame!

"Sure." I don't really care that much but I know he really wants to show me off. I'm like his little sister and he's really proud of me. Cameron found out about my history with my family when I had one too many drinks after a fight. Anyway, Cam smiled and practically skipped off down to the guys. After talking for a minute he returned watching as the others slowly made their way to us laughing and talking.

In front of me now stood Cam and five others. I know for sure this isn't all of them from the streets but I'm guessing they've already graduated or dropped out of high school.

"A, this is Lucca," Cam said gesturing to a tall lean figure with hazel eyes, and dark blonde shaggy hair. The corners of his lips twitching up in a smile.

"This is Christian." I was directed to a tall guy. Christian had soft brown hair just a shade darker then Lucca, blue eyes and was more muscular than the first however he's fairer. He smiled and wriggled his eyebrows suggestively at me, which earned him two slaps to the back of the head by two boys that looked to be related.

"Jackson and Jason, the twins." I so totally called that. As twins they had a very similar appearance; tall, very muscular, black hair, green eyes, tan skin.

Okay to sum it up they're all bloody tall. Well I suppose it doesn't help that I'm probably 5'5" and my guess is they're all over 6 feet.

"And this is Asher." As my attention turns to him I feel my eyes instantly widen. He was... He was attractive. That's something new coming from me, I've seen tons of hot guys but never have I had an instant attraction to one. An attraction that I can't explain.

I see his eyes roll up and down me as he took in my appearance. I took that as my chance to study him. He had dark brown hair that made him kind of look like Chace Crawford. He had baby blue eyes that I could imagine on a cute little husky. He was tall, of course, like the others. Muscular to the point where I could see his biceps through his black t-shirt. High cheekbones. Strong jaw line. Prominent smile planted perfectly with the sweetest laughing lines.

When I stop on his eyes again, I could see the humor in his features. How his left eyebrow quirked up a little, how his small smile widened and how laughter danced in his eyes. I can tell he didn't want to laugh at me for checking him out because that's exactly what he was doing to me a few moments ago. As I look him in the eyes it only felt like seconds but was most likely a few minutes until someone clears their throat interrupting us.

"Would you like us to leave you two alone?" I recognize it as Cameron's voice tinted in amusement and smugness.

I can't help the light blush that rose on my cheeks when 'what kind of question is that?! Of course I do' runs through my mind. And the next words out of the Greek Gods mouth stopped my heart, for a second.

"That would be nice but a little selfish, don't ya think? We can take our business elsewhere." With that he places his hand on the small of my back ushering me out the school building.

I've never felt so shocked at words before.

(A/N)

50 reads and chapter two goes up