Step off the Cliff

Stevie shoved her way through the crowd of sweaty bodies, the lack of clothing she had on irritating her as she felt hands groping her every which way.

   She finally made it to the bar, waving at the bartender as he nodded in acknowledgment. She took a deep breath, her eyes scanning the crowd.

   Her breathing stopped, seeing his mess of curls and dark blue eyes.

   Quickly turning back around, Stevie prayed to God he hadn't see her, impatiently waiting for her drink.

   She took the glass when it was handed to her, quickly turning around only to bump right into him.

   "Jesus Christ!" She swore, her heart thumping.

    "Sorry." Lindsey grinned down at her.

   Stevie glared back at him.  "Excuse me."

   She tried to walk around him but he grabbed her elbow, stopping her. "Where are you going?"

    "None of your business."

  She tried to leave, huffing when he pulled her back.

   "I had a great time with you the other night."

   "I don't know what you're talking about." She refused to meet his eyes, refused to acknowledge that night.

    Lindsey smirked down at her. "You remember don't you?" He leaned in towards her ear, his lips brushing against her skin causing shivers to run down her spine. "How you were screaming my name all night long."

Stevie gulped, pushing him away. "I need to go."

Lindsey frowned. "Why are you trying to get away from me?"

"Lindsey what happened between us was just sex,"

"I know." He cut her off.

Stevie rolled her eyes. "And it can never happen again. Do not show up at my work, do not speak to me, forget I exist." She went to leave, gasping when he pulled her back against his body.

Her chest was heaving up and down as he whispered in her ear yet again. "That night was the most exhilarating night of my life, If you think I can just forget that you're absolutely insane."

"I need to go."

"Quit."

"Excuse me?" She turned in Lindsey's arms, pulling them a way from her body.

"Quit this job right now."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because you're miserable."

"Well I also need a place to live."

"Come work for me."

Stevie's eyes widened, looking at him in disgust. "I will not be your on call hooker!"

"As my assistant." He corrected her.

"What?" She was utterly conflicted.