When The Rain Washes You Clean

Lindsey's foot nudged against Stevie's under the table, Steve giving him an amused look as she nudged him back.

His arm discreetly slid around her waist, squeezing her hip.

"Stevie love when are you going to give in and join us?"

Stevie glanced across the table at Mick, fidgeting. "Mick, I'm flattered, I really am, but I can't."

He pulled a check book out, drawing a pen from his pocket. "Name your salary, I'll give it to you right now."

Stevie was speechless, flustered as she tried to speak.

Lindsey noticed, clearing his throat. "Not right now Mick."

Stevie had joined the band to lunch, per Lindsey's request, and they were currently in the middle of their meal, Mick trying to persuade her.

"They loved her Lindsey, did you see the fans? They went absolutely crazy!"

"Again Mick, I'm flattered, but I can't just up and leave my boyfriend."

Lindsey tensed besides her, wiping his mouth with his napkin. "If you'll excuse me."

He pushed himself away from the table, storming out of the restaurant.

Stevie watched him, shocked. She turned back towards the band, who were all starring at her expectantly. She swallowed the lump in her throat, pushing herself away from the table. "Excuse me."

Stevie quickly flea'd the restaurant, looking for Lindsey outside. She spotted him, leaning against the brick wall - cigarette hanging from his lips.

"Lindsey." She approached him.

"What do you want?" He wouldn't look at her, taking a drag of nicotine.

"Why are you angry?"

Lindsey shrugged her off. "I'm not angry."

"Yes you are." He still wouldn't meet her eyes, Stevie clenching her fists. "Would you look at me?"

He reluctantly did, his blue eyes burning in to hers. She almost flinched back from the intensity of them. "What do you want me to say Stevie?"

"Tell me why you're upset?" She reached a hand out to caress his arm, thankful when he didn't push her away.

"Last night you were sobbing in my arms because of that asshole, and now you're telling Mick you have to take his feelings in to consideration? What the fuck Stevie?"

"Lindsey it's not that easy, we have a life together. I can't just up and leave."

He sighed heavily, slumping against the building. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" She creeped next to him, her body leaning against his.

"I want you all to myself. The mention of that dude drives me insane."

Stevie smoothed a hand over his jaw, smiling sympathetically at him. She stretched up on her tiptoes, placing a kiss against his lips.

They saw a flash from their closed eyelids, pulling away. There stood a photographer, and the flashes kept coming.

"What the fuck man?" Lindsey was angry, pulling Stevie behind him and shielding her.