Part 8/ When Worlds Collide

Marco and Star turned around and saw the queen and kind and their alternates run inside the room.

"Mom!?" Star gasped.

Alternate Marco turned to Star, "Mom?"

Star shifted her gaze at her Marco Diaz and alternate self, "Marco? Star? I mean, what?"

Marco took a step forward and fixed his gaze down at their hands holding. His eyebrows furrowed and he could have sworn he heart his heart shatter inside. Star jumped, unclasped her grasp, and folded her hands. The Queen marched right up to her daughter, while the two sets of Marco and Star stood behind.

"Why are you here? The Diaz's are probably wondering where you are by now? And why are there two of you?" Moon began blurring out questions as they popped into her mind.

"I- I," Star stuttered.

"I want you and the REAL Marco to go home," the queen planted firmly.

Star looked at her boyfriend and frowned, "You told my mom."

Marco scratched the back of his neck nervously and felt a gentle touch on his shoulder. Alternate Star wrapped her arms around Marco for comfort, but he didn't seem to respond at this gesture.

"Your father already notified Marco's parents. Before you leave, make sure to return your alternate selves back in their rightful dimension. And this time, I'll make sure of it," The Queen crossed her arms.

From a distance, a tall and overweight green monster stood out the doorway. He had a light blue Mewnian guard uniform and he held a sharp spear pointed up to the ceiling.

"Buff Frog?" Star said with a questioning tone.

"Sorry, Star," Buff Frog looked down. "I work as Mewni Guard now."

The Queen turned around and began to walk the opposite direction. Before she could exit out of her daughter's room, she leaned forward and whispered into Buff Frog's ear.

"Stay with them until Star and Marco are home safe," she said.

Buff Frog nodded in response and saluted to his Queen. The awkward tension between the two pairs of Star and Marco filled the room. Their nervous glances met. Marco to Marco. Star to Star. Even though the room was silent, it was complete chaos between the four of them.

"Star Butterfly, I know you have dimension scissors. Please, make portal," Buff Frog wanted to be polite. He felt terrible he had to physically be with Star to make sure she does what she was asked, even though she didn't want to. It made him feel he was the bad guy again, the monster he is.

Star created a portal to the parallel universe. Alternate Star gave Marco a warm hug before stepping through.

"Before I leave," Alternate Marco grabbed Star by the waist and pulled her body close to his. He didn't hesitate for he moved his head forward and began to kiss Star on the lips. His hands cupped her cheeks gently, making the kiss passionate. Star responded to the kiss and brought both her arms around his neck.

Alternate Marco, still kissing Star, felt his right hand over the balcony wall. His grasped onto the wand and slid the handle in his sleeve. He pulled away from the kiss and quickly stashed the head of the wand in his pocket.

Marco bolted for his alternate self, but Buff Frog placed his spear in front of him, block his way. "Save your anger for later," he advised.

Marco stopped himself from his emotions getting out of control. He turned around and walked to the vanity mirror. His clenched fists hit the table constantly, fighting the urge to cry. His anger was irresistible for he began to sob and then red his head in his folded arms.

Alternate Marco caressed Star's cheek before trotted down the stairs from the balcony. He stepped through the portal and blew a kiss at Star before it closed.
Star made an incision through mid air and waited for Marco to walk her way.

"Boy Marco. You must return home," Buff Frog notified.

Marco lifted his head up and revealed his puffy eyes and red nose. He ran his fingers back his soft, brown hair and walked straight through the portal.

Dimension Earth

"I'm telling you, Glossaryk, we already have no more pudding! You finished the last one," Angie yelled.

There were empty pudding cups around the living room and Glossaryk lied on the couch, stretching his hairy legs. His belly was hanging on the side and he propped his arm to hold his head up.

"SCRRRRRRRRRAPE THE SIIIIIIIIIIIDES," Glossaryk demanded.

Star and Marco walked in the living room and found police officers surrounding Glossaryk on the couch. The smell of chocolate pudding lingered around the living room and Marco accidentally stepped on an empty pudding cup. All heads turned to Star and Marco, shocked to see them standing in the living room.

"Oh look, I found them," Glossaryk pointed.

Angie stood up and ran to the kids. She pulled them into a group hug and Raphael joined in. The dearly mother pulled away and caressed her son's cheek and checked for any injuries on his face. Marco's head felt dizzy, his mother turning his head from left to right, up and down.

"Are you okay? Any injuries?" Angie then moved to Star and turned her head around in all directions.

"We're fine mom," Marco assured.

"Good," she said sweetly. "BOTH OF YOU TWO YOUR ROOMS NOW!"

The chief officer walked up to Raphael and closed his notepad," Well, consider this case solved. And I advise you to get rid of that blue monk."

The room cleared out, except for Angie, Raphael, and Glossaryk. They watched as the vehicles backed away the driveway and disappeared downhill. Angie turned away from the window and took a sigh of relief.

"Do not worry, honey. The kids are home," Raphael comforted.

"I'm a terrible mother."