Part 2/ The Girl In Pink

Dimension Earth

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Marco yelled across Star's room.

The couple had just gotten back from Mewni. Their adventure led Star into the dark woods and they both ended up fighting monsters, as usual. But this time was different. A monster had nearly strangled Star to death, not knowing where her wand was at the moment and leaving Marco to save her.

"What?" Star replied, unaware of why he was angry. "Don't act like fighting monsters is something we don't do everyday."

"We talked about this! We fight monsters because they're the first to attack. You can't just wander off in the woods and stir up some trouble," Marco retorted.

"I was just having some fun," she mumbled.

Marco sighed and rolled his eyes. He decided to freshen up and take a hot, steaming shower. When he entered the bathroom, he was startled at the mess Star had left this morning. Again, her brushes, make up, curling iron, straightening iron, hair accessories, and toiletries were on the counters and floors.

"Oh my," Marco blurted. "STAR!"

Star grunted and jumped off her bed. She trudged and stood next to an annoyed Marco.

"What did I do this time? Because apparently I tick you off a lot," Star commented sarcastically.

"What did I say about cleaning up after yourself?" Marco shouted.

"Sorry I'm a busy girl. I'll clean it up right now," she started on the counter.

Star began to open drawers and shoved her curling iron, straightening iron, and brushes inside. She stashed away her make up and zipped up the bag and set it aside. Marco watched her from the doorway, his eyes glaring and still a bit irritated.

"All I ask of you is to be more responsible, Star," he told her.

Star finished stashing her items away and stormed out of the bathroom. She was lying on her bed again. "Sorry I was too busy saving my Kingdom from Toffee and restoring magic to my dimension. Yeah, maybe I'll go clean my bathroom before I get into serious matters just so I could please you."

Marco face palmed himself and sighed, "That's not what I meant. I just want you to stay out of trouble and take care of yourself."

"I can take care of myself, Marco! I don't want to have this conversation with you anymore," Star said firmly.

"Fine," Marco walked out the door.

Star thought is she was being too harsh, but she knew she was being a little naive. Marco just wanted what was best for her, and Star just wanted to be independent sometimes. She wants to make her own decisions and didn't want a parent telling her about responsibility.

A flashback came across Star. She remembered the time she and Marco had an argument over a sandwich and he ended up being kidnapped by Toffee. Star began to flush with guilt and her gut told her to apologize immediately.

She didn't want to risk losing Marco again to any monster or to anything. Star bolted across the room and swung the door open and saw Marco standing in front of her. He had his fist up and was going to knock on the door until Star opened it. Their lips were an inch apart.

"Hi...Star," Marco greeted shyly.

"I'm sorry," Star apologized.

Marco pulled his girlfriend into a warm hug. He felt her arms wrap around his back and her face buried on his red sweatshirt. Marco gave Star light kiss on her forehead and she felt her heart sink more than ever.

But even if Marco's embrace began to warm Star's heart, she was still bothered by the fact Marco still underestimates her. She just wished she could have the same fun with Marco before they were even a couple.

Dimension R3\/3R$3D

The cafeteria was packed with freshman walking in and out of lines to get their food. The tables were packed and crowded, there was nowhere Star could sit. Her eyes studied the cafeteria and found an empty seat next to a girl with a pink dress on.

Marco had left her after math class and wandered off on his own. She did feel a little hurt inside, but she knew she would be fine on her own. Star headed for the girl in pink and stood behind her with her food tray.

"Excuse me," Star said politely. "I was just wondering if this spot was taken?"

The girl in the pink dress shook her head and made some room. Star smiled in response and took a seat next to her. She began to clean her utensils with napkin before eating.

The girl furrowed her eyebrows at Star, "Do you always do that before you eat?"

Star laughed nervously, "Yeah."

She whipped out her sanitizer and squirted a refreshing scent on her hands. She began rubber her hands together and started to eat her sandwich.

The girl in pink furrowed her eyebrows again and saw Star cutting up her sandwich into smaller piece before popping them into her mouth. "Do you not use your hands when eating a sandwich?"

Star swallowed her first bite,"Not really."

"You're one weird chick," the girl said in a joking matter.

"And I suspect that you're obsessed with the color pink," Star smiled as she looked down at the girl's dress.

"Fair enough. What's your name, Miss High Maintenance?"

"Star Butterfly. And yours?"

"Janna Ordonia."