Part 6/ Marco in Mewni

The next morning was a blur. Marco woke up in the Butterfly's guest room and had completely forgotten he was still in their parallel universe. He stretched his arms and forced himself out of bed even if he was a little groggy.

Marco took a few minutes to freshen up in the bathroom and started down the stairs. The smell of fresh, blueberry pancakes began to linger around the house. He heard the sizzling of the pan downstairs.

The boy was greeted by Star and River, who was already seated at the kitchen table. He took a seat next to Star and waited for the pancakes to be ready.

"How was your stay? Did you sleep well?" Star asked.

Marco nodded, "Yeah thanks."

River took a sip from his coffee and swallowed, "I suspect you'll be walking Star to school?"

Marco widened his eyes and he had completely forgotten he had to go to school. He then remembered his parents were probably worrying about him back on Earth. AND HIS PERFECT ATTENDANCE! Marco began to have a panic attack, but he didn't show his worry towards the Butterfly family. He kept his cool and played along.

"Yeah. My best friend is probably at school too," Marco said cooly.

Moon moved over to the kitchen table and and placed a plate full of pancakes on the center. River began eating like a pig, but Star wiped her utensils before she could pick a pancake with her fork. She began cutting her pancake in eight even pieces. She reached for the syrup and drizzled an almost perfect amount on her pancakes. Marco raised his eyebrow at how high maintenance this Star was, but he continued to eat.

After breakfast, Star and Marco headed out of the house and started down the sidewalk. Marco noticed her straight posture and chin up as she walked with a steady pace. As for Marco, his back was a little arched and he tried to keep up with Star.

"So you eat like you're in a five star restaurant and you walk like you're entering a gala," Marco joked.

"Hmm?" Star turned to Marco. "That's just how I am, I guess. My mother taught me to be well mannered and have proper behavior while growing up."

"That explains it," he replied. "How was your first day of school?"

Marco thought it'd be a good idea to catch up on Star's first day. He didn't want her to know that there were two Marco's in this dimension so he would have to take his Opposite's place. Even if he found his Star at school, he thought it would be best if they didn't see each other.

"Well, you kind of ditched me after math class," Star's voice was quiet and her cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

Marco's expressed softened, "I'm sorry. I promise to stay with you from now on."

Star gave him a lighthearted smile,"You're actually very sweet. But I guess it was fine, because I met someone."

Despite his acting, Marco was interested,"Really who?"

"There she is now!" Star pointed her finger.

Marco had not noticed they were at the front of the school already. His eyes shifted to a girl in a silky, pink dress. She was in black flats and was heading straight inside the building. Marco dropped his jaw to see Janna wearing in all-pink outfit and not in her usual attire.

"JANNA?" Marco exclaimed.

"Oh! You two must know each other," Star giggled. "Let's catch up with her."

Star took Marco's hand, but he didn't seem to notice because he was too shocked with Janna's new look. Once he gets back on Earth, he'd have to tell Janna about her alternate self. After those days where she snuck inside his house and stealing his house keys, this would be the perfect payback.

"Hi Janna!" Star greeted.

"Hi St- Whoa," Janna looked at Marco. She wasn't sure if she was afraid or even stunned herself.

"This is Marco, my well, bodyguard if you will," Star introduced shyly.

"Yeah, I know who he is," Janna fixed her gaze on Marco. "You're style changed quick."

"Yeah. Can I get a quick picture with you?" Marco sounded eager.

"Um."

Marco snaked behind Janna and he held his phone up in the air. He smirked in the picture, but Janna had a puzzling look. Once the picture was taken, he slid it in his back pocket and moved over to Star.

"Are you okay, dude?" Janna asked in a worried tone.

"Perfectly fine," Marco answered.

Wait till Janna gets a load of this.

Dimension Mewni

Star led Marco to the village part of Mewni. It wasn't exactly the right thing to show him where she was born and raised, but Star was excited to show him the castle. There were lady villagers dressed in old, tattered dresses. Some wore faded bonnets on their heads and the little girls wore ribbons. Men were dressed in rusty overalls and dirty pantaloons from working all day.

Marco wasn't a big fan of all this and it reminded him of medieval times. He continued to follow Star when she stopped her tracks.

"Is this where you're from? Moon-y?" Marco questioned, not sounding too impressed.

"It's Mewni," Star corrected. "Just look up."

Marco lifted his head up and saw a stoned castle, similar to the ones in fairy tales. There were giant pillars and flags waving on the top of the highest building. Impressive. Star Butterfly was royalty.

"Oh," Marco nodded.

"Oh, higher," she smiled.

Marco looked up again and noticed an empire on top of the castle. This was even better than the castle and it reminded him of the Chinese Empires. The buildings were stacked on one another and the roofs were a bright red. He nodded again.

"Wow," he smirked.

"Higher!" Star sang, her arms raising high above her head.

Marco looked up once more. How rich is this girl? Then he saw it. A modern palace with shimmering orange and pink, round rooftops. Flags were waving in the wind and the palace was the color of ice cream sherbet. The colors sparkled and the fact it was high in the clouds, the mist floating in air caused a more dramatic affect.

"Oh my god," Marco dropped his jaw.