34 | verita.

V E R I T A

[latin → truth] 

Nathan leaned against the door of Tahira's office, his shoulder ached when he bumped it a little too hard on the doorway. "I wanna know everything about me. I know you're hiding something—something about Maya and me. There's more to us, I can feel it."

"Don't trust your feelings," Tahira said simply, rolling her eyes. "And there's nothing I'm hiding from you,"

"I don't trust you,"

"You don't trust me?" Tahira shot a look at him, fury engulfing her eyes. "I helped you get through your coma. I took care of you when no one was there for you. I was by your side all this time and you said you don't trust me?" Tahira's voice cracked, her eyes shiny with tears.

Nathan straightened, his face buried in deep anger—the eyes so red that it seemed like it was on fire. Tahira swallowed hard, regret washing over her as she realised her mistake. Nathan deserved to know everything about his relationship with Maya. He has the right to know. He was her fiance—Maya's fiance.

And who is she to them? Tahira is a no-one, and will always remain as a no-one. Nonetheless, she rejected. "Why?" Why now?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's too late," Tahira shook her head, her eyes watery. She didn't want him to know who he really is, and who he is to Maya. Tahira loved him, and she didn't want to let go. But who is she to him? To him, pretty sure that she's just a friend. Just a friend.

"You said I lost my memories—and I know that's not the only secret you're hiding from me. It's never too late, Tahira!"

He was right, it is never too late but she loved him. She loved him too much—but what else could she do? Taking in deep breaths, Tahira cleared her throat and asked him gently. "You wanna know everything?"

"Everything,"