21 | amour.

A M O U R

[french → love, passion, cupid] 

Maya sat at the edge of the ledge, her legs dangling fifty feet above the ground—feeling the high winds of Los Angeles kissing her cheeks. She looked up at the blue-lilac sky, clouds drifted by in slow motion, the sun shining ever so dimly behind them.

"It's beautiful isn't it?"

Maya sighed, her eyes still fixed on the magnificent concrete jungle in front of her. It looked so magical—the tall buildings scraping the sky where purple lights were reflected off their surface, doming the city in hues of magenta and blue. "It's amazing,"

She felt a hand on her back and turned around. Nathan was looking at her with deep affection, the pink lips of him so perfect that sometimes, she desired to lock her lips with his. She blinked her eyes away from his lips and stared into the cool blue eyes of him.

He approached her slowly, dragging his body towards her sloppily. Maya just sat there, and waited for him. She didn't want to miss the chance, so she waited. When she closed her eyes, she felt his lips on hers.

It felt so good that she wanted more. She kissed him back, pressing her lips harder this time—the tension between them growing as their breaths met. A soft moan escaped her lips when Nathan purposely bit her lips, and she smiled.

He smiled back before pulling away, but his smile quickly faded after that. He stammered "I—uh—I didn't mean to do that. Sorry,"

"Me too," Maya nodded, hiding the little smile she had on her face. "I'm sorry,"

Nathan shook his head, trying to hide the embarrassment on his face. "Why are you smiling?" He asked, his face drawn with confusion.

Maya looked up at him, the smile disappearing from her face. "I don't know,"