31 | la nuit.

L A   N U I T

[french → the night] 

As the night wind breezed in, the clouds stuttered away—revealing a glowing circle up high in the sky, its light rays shining upon the world veiled in darkness. Maya leaned on her elbow, her eyes fixed on trees in front of her.

They loomed in height, towering above her like a giant—it was as though it was protecting her, protecting her from all the pain and grief she once felt. The candle lights that were arranged harmonically on the table in front of her were only the source of light present other than the moon.

Maya never expected a candlelight dinner date from him—especially when she was the one who asked him out. It will be their fifth time together tonight but this was technically their first ever date, and she was always as nervous as if it will be her first time with him.

And she hated that feeling. She hated it so much.

Being nervous to man who she once loved so dearly that they had engaged was a stupid thought. Why would she be nervous? Was it because Nathan wasn't the Nathan she loved before? Was it because of him acting like Nathan never existed in her life?

May had no clue why.

But as she was lost in her train of thoughts, she caught a glimpse of Nathan—already in a tuxedo,looking as ravishing as ever. And she couldn't wait to meet him.