19

cut, peel, check and put down.

stitch thread after stitch thread, every little piece gets taken off with patience, passion and love.

James' stomach growls. he groans and looks at the focussed Steve who's doing his job passionated. "I'm hungry." James says.

Steve snaps out of his focus. "What do you want to have?" Steve asks.

"something to stop hunger?" James asks.

"banana?" Steve replies.

James nods, bananas fill good.

Steve puts his stuff down and stands up. "I'm right back." Steve says. He goes downstairs and gets a banana for James, also getting an apple for himself, he's a bit hungry as well.

Back upstairs he sees James has moved and sits against thebathtub on the floor, patting on some space next him.

Steve smiles and sits down at the patted place. He hands James the banana and watches him struggle to peel the thing open.

"Need help?" Steve asks.

"Nope." James says stubborn as he keeps trying and actually just creating a mess.

Steve laughs.

James sighs annoyed and hands Steve the banana.

Steve gets his pocket knife and cuts it open.

"Since when do you have a pocket knife?" James asks.

"Since yesterday, I bought it, I thought nice early christmas present for myself." Steve says.

"I don't really truat you with knives." James says.

Steve sighs and hands the knife to James.

James checks it, not sharp, quite handy, small. He hands it back. "keep it." he says.

"Really???" Steve sounds happy as he gives the gives the open peeled banana back.

"Really. It's not sharp enough to hurt fatally." James says.

"I managed to get myself into hospital by a suicidal attempt with a pen..." Steve says.

James looks at him surprised. "I'm not even gonna ask how you did that..."

Steve clicks the pocket knife closed and puts it back in his pocket where it belongs.

James eats the banana and Steve eats his apple.

"Steve." James says, staring forward.

"Yes?" Steve responds looking at him.

"Thanks for making me happy." James says.

"I didn't do anything." Steve says.

James shakes his head. "You're a true friend, I've been a shitty man. You pretty much know how prison went at the beginning." James chuckles.

"You were just heartbroken and feeling guilty, it's fine." Steve replies.

"You never gave up on me." James replies.

Steve smiles, biting in his apple. "Neither did you on me." he says.

"I actual did." James says.

Steve fell silent.

"I can't always take care of you." James says.

"You try and succeed." Steve says.

"Because you trust me." James replies.

Steve nods.